New truck, with some engine swap woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Igram

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I just picked up a 77 K20 Silverado the other day.......Appears to be a 350, 4 spd, havent checked out much yet. What i have discovered hints at an engine swap.....Missing a tensioning bracket for P/S pump, and the P/S belt is REALLY loose, as evidenced by the screech at sharp turns. Alternator similar, a nice chromed bracket that doesnt allow enough tension adjustment to properly tension the belt........Looks like a junkyard journey ahead! At the same time, with a 40 mile drive home after purchase, it hasnt leaked a drop of oil onto my driveway, and it starts and runs well. A little Bondo here and there, but the only noticeable rust ive found is the inner fender wells.....Fuel gauge doesnt work, and the factory fuel tank switch has been replaced with a mechanical valve. A definite project, but with a decent body, a vintage Brahma camper shell, a surprisingly clean Silverado interior, and a SB/SM465/NP205 driveline, at a price of $1300, i figure its a winner, assuming a junkyard gets me proper bracketry, and i replace its broken windshield

K201979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hippie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350ci
I think thats a great price, ill give you your money back if you want to bring it to me. :D How bout some pictures?​

Dmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I just picked up.a new windshield from LKQ, if you have one nearby. $110 shipped to their yard. Tinted, antannae, and mirror mount included.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleepn