New to the board!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redbarron

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
LS1
Cool I guess I am gonna go with the eaton. It just feels wrong spending money on ab10 bolt. Y'all having pretty good luck with them?

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Cool I guess I am gonna go with the eaton. It just feels wrong spending money on ab10 bolt. Y'all having pretty good luck with them?

kind of depends on what your planning to do with the truck. If its gonna be just a cruiser and maybe a few trips down the track I doubt you will have any problems with a 10 bolt. If your planning on doing alot of racing with it then you may think about upgrading to atleast a 12 bolt.

I have used and ABUSED 10 bolts in my truck with 4.56 gears towing 18,000+ and still have had no problems with it.

redbarron

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
LS1
That sound good. I will just be cruising manly. I talked with my gear guy he said they have been using the Yukon dura grip and having good luck with then. I can get it for 375.00.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I thought the Auburn was rebuildable too. Pretty much just like Auto trans clutches that wear out. But the Easton does sound good, being tuneable.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
I thought the Auburn was rebuildable too. Pretty much just like Auto trans clutches that wear out. But the Easton does sound good, being tuneable.

Yeah, it's kind of a bugger. They do offer an exchange program called D-REX,where they will replace it for 4 years for the price of a "competitors clutch pack replacement," but that's downtime while you wait for it to ship to them, and get a new unit back...

http://www.auburngear.com/aftermarket/d-rex.aspx

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah, it's kind of a bugger. They do offer an exchange program called D-REX,where they will replace it for 4 years for the price of a "competitors clutch pack replacement," but that's downtime while you wait for it to ship to them, and get a new unit back...

http://www.auburngear.com/aftermarket/d-rex.aspx

That is actually pretty ******. And so if I don't wear it out within 4 years? Then what. They do actually claim it's not rebuildable because the gears are a matched set. Thanks for that info. I sure won't be passing along that Auburn is any good anymore. Although, I do know it's a good working system when it's working. They work great. Drag racers using them and they are almost as good as a spool when new.

Hear that 89S? Your LSD unit in your Burb sucks !!!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Hear that 89S? Your LSD unit in your Burb sucks !!!

There you go again, talking about his unit...

Seriously though, it's still much better than the gov-bomb.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size