New to the board!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redbarron

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
LS1
Hello guys, I just found y'all and decided to join up. I recently acquired and 86 truck with a Ls and 4l60E. I am going to start rebuilding the rest of the truck soon. Figured I would try and get some pointers here.I have been in the 4x4 rock crawling would for a while,actually own and off-road forum, and have decided to step away for a while and build this truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

My other toy:

Ramjet 350, t350

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Welcome aboard, nice toys! :grd:

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Welcome aboard! Those are two pretty sweet rigs you've got there. What kind of plans do you have for the red truck?

redbarron

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
LS1
I am doing the interior now.

Got the dash out and fiberglassed. I will start sanding it tonight. Just gonna paint it black along with the rest of the interior which i am having to change from maroon to black. I am gonna change the seats and build a console do a mild system and replace the carpet and headliner.

All the door molding is crap so i will do that while i am there.

Not sure which way I and going ton the exterior. Either stock with a few mods or just shave everything. I want to do a one piece glass in the door but the kits are just more than i want to spend right now. I am def looking for some ideas. It has a beltech lowering kit on it now but. and some leaves removed from the back pack. It cause the axle to hit the frame so i meed to address that as well. I and pretty well versed in four link soi may do something like that on the rear. All in all i just want a good smooth driver, I also bought a 12 bolt rear with 3.73's in it. The 4l60e catches hell trying to find a gear it likes with the 2.73 gears.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Welcome aboard and nice square! I'm jealous that you found one with the LS swap already complete!! :D

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
Welcome aboard and nice square! I'm jealous that you found one with the LS swap already complete!! :D

Yes, nice snag.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
What a GREAT post! Finally someone new to the forum feeds my pic ***** appetite without me asking! Welcome and thanks for the pics! Great looking project:wave:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Welcome, and nice truck :wave:

Are you sticking with red paint?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Welcome to GMSB !!! Impressive Toys !!! Even the one for being a Jeep !!! :rofl:

:waytogo: Have to brand bash just a little, but we don't get to carried away.
OK, I'm lying, sometimes we do brand bash a bit hard but it's usually Furds and sometimes DoJ.

redbarron

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
LS1
Thanks for the warm welcome, yeah I think i am gonna stay with the Red when i get to the outside.

Brand bashing is fine with me, I am not a Jeep guy at all, That why it has a Ramjet 350, T350, Chevy D60 front and a 14bolt rear. The only thing jeep on it is the hood grill and transfer case.

As far as the pics go, I own and off road forum and I can't stand when someone doesn't post pics.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Welcome to GMSB! Lovin the LS in the 86.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
I am doing the interior now.

Got the dash out and fiberglassed. I will start sanding it tonight. Just gonna paint it black along with the rest of the interior which i am having to change from maroon to black. I am gonna change the seats and build a console do a mild system and replace the carpet and headliner.

All the door molding is crap so i will do that while i am there.

Not sure which way I and going ton the exterior. Either stock with a few mods or just shave everything. I want to do a one piece glass in the door but the kits are just more than i want to spend right now. I am def looking for some ideas. It has a beltech lowering kit on it now but. and some leaves removed from the back pack. It cause the axle to hit the frame so i meed to address that as well. I and pretty well versed in four link soi may do something like that on the rear. All in all i just want a good smooth driver, I also bought a 12 bolt rear with 3.73's in it. The 4l60e catches hell trying to find a gear it likes with the 2.73 gears.

welcome aboard... sweet truck.
Good plan with the 3.73's, your 4l60E is doomed to fail with 2.73's in it.

redbarron

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
LS1
Yeah that what I am thinking. The only saving grace is all the internals have been upgraded to 4l65e stuff suppose to be a lot better. What y'all doing for a posi unit I here eaton is the best street locker.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah that what I am thinking. The only saving grace is all the internals have been upgraded to 4l65e stuff suppose to be a lot better. What y'all doing for a posi unit I here eaton is the best street locker.

Are you wanting a Posi or a Locker? Auburn makes a good Posi (LSD) Unit. Being a rock crawler, you know the good locker.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Are you wanting a Posi or a Locker? Auburn makes a good Posi (LSD) Unit. Being a rock crawler, you know the good locker.

I'm partial to the Eaton LSD myself, since it's rebuildable and tuneable with different spring rates. Auburn is toast once the cones wear out, and acts like an open diff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade