New Snackwagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Snackwagon V3.0 here.
Found this thing today. 90k miles, all original and as nice as it looks inside and out.
I ran out of “things it needs” before I got to counting on both hands. And none of them are needs. Runs and drives like new!
Pretty pumped. Super cheap car and the crashwagon, his other car, needs some work….and a for sale sign!
Original paint is perfect save for one little dent and a cracked front bumper plastic, and it came with a new one, just needs paint!
5.2 liters of fire breathing horsepower…so it’s not a total turd. Lol
Here’s to @SirRobyn0 and his 275k mile trans….hoping for half that. As it got a new trans at 70k miles…damn dodge transmissions….
You must be registered for see images attach

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Those are good SUV's they usually have 2-300k on them by now. Basic drivetrain. Only concern I would have; the upper ball joints are weak. Nice find.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Good to know. Weak like wear out, or weak like snap unexpectedly?
If the former, she drives straight and true and the tires aren’t wearing funny.
If the latter, you just added a thing to my actual to do list. Lol

They’re pretty basic and I like that.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I agree those are great SUVs to me they have two down falls, the passenger side floor board is kind of oddly shaped. And they don't get the best gas mileage, but literally everything else on those trucks are awesome. At one point I wanted a Dakota of that body style.

It's the best of both worlds, you've got computer controlled engine and tranny, but it's from before car manufactures went ape chit with wiring, electronics and computers. My Jeep has the 5.2, and my 92' Dakota has the 3.9 which is just a 5.2 missing the front two cylinders. That 3.9, has never been opened up. I first met that truck it had 90K on it and I took overship just shy of 200K, in 2002, today it has 450K on the clock. No kidding not even so much as a timing chain or valve cover gasket, it's kind of unbelievable. That tranny made it just shy of 400K and lost reverse. Those trannys are no slouches. The FWD Chrysler trannys in that time period were terrible, but the rear wheel drive truck trannys were rock solid IF they were taken care of. All I've done is kept them serviced regularly, and run nothing but ATF +4 in them. As much as possible I try to run the actual Mopar stuff, but I can cheat, and get from a wholesale supplier.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Good to know. Weak like wear out, or weak like snap unexpectedly?
If the former, she drives straight and true and the tires aren’t wearing funny.
If the latter, you just added a thing to my actual to do list. Lol

They’re pretty basic and I like that.
Wear out prematurely and can come apart. Just check the ball joints for excessive wear. There was actually a recall on them at one point. If loose an easy fix.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD