1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New OE Gauge Rad Supports

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by dhenderz, Jun 4, 2020.

1. dhenderz

dhenderz Full Access Member

First Name:
    Dennis
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K10
    Engine Size:
    Got an email from AMD today indicating they have sourced new tooling to produce OE gauge radiator supports. Image below is only one of a number they now have for these trucks. Wish they had this about 2 months ago. I can say the rad support I got from NPD is about half the thickness and few of the holes are properly sized or located. Hopefully these are better.

upload_2020-6-4_10-26-28.png

upload_2020-6-4_10-26-1.png

Blue Ox likes this.
  2. Blue Ox

Blue Ox Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun

First Name:
    Derek
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K20HD
    Engine Size:
    6.2L
    Looks good. I'm just wondering about "EDP" coated. Isn't that powdercoat? I'm not a fan of powdercoat, so hopefully it's something more like an OE electrostatic paint.

3. dhenderz

dhenderz Full Access Member

First Name:
    Dennis
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K10
    Engine Size:
    Negative. EDP is a good primer layer coating. What is not good is too many parts coming from Asia claim to be EDP, but are in fact just a cheap black coating, not sure I would even call it primer. It is always ALWAYS best to test these parts to insure it really is EDP. Otherwise, if you prime/paint over the cheap coating it will fail. Ask me how I know! The quick easy way to confirm is to wet a papertowel with lacquer thinner and wipe the part. If the black coating comes off, you do not have EDP. You have garbage and it needs to be completely stripped and properly prepared.

WFO and Blue Ox like this.
  4. Blue Ox

Blue Ox Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun

First Name:
    Derek
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K20HD
    Engine Size:
    6.2L
    Awesome. And good info, thanks.

It's nice to see this stuff being done right. I wonder if they can get them GM certified? Although that probably involves a lot of royalties. As long as the part is OE quality, I'm in.