New member, old dude

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlazerBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Hello everyone, my name is Bill! I’m new to this forum that has been a great source of information for my ‘86 C10 and my ‘83 K5. I live in Weatherford, Tx (35 miles west of Fort Worth. I’m a native Texan but have lived in a number of other states. I’m a senior jet engine Field Service Engineer for Pratt & Whitney and support the F-35 program at Lockheed Martin in Fort Worth. I also have an aircraft Airframe and Powerplant license and I love turning wrenches. I’ve owned and restored many classic cars but currently have my two squarebody’s. I bought my C10 mostly restored but it had a lot of issues that I have fixed and I installed a QA1 Coilover kit on it but the truck mostly sits covered in the garage. I’ll be selling it soon. I’ve been doing a 95% restoration (just short of a frame off resto) on my Blazer for a number of years in between employment and some health issues. I’m replacing the 305 engine with a new GM crate SP350cid/385hp/400tq engine to replace the worn out 305 Vortec that a previous owner installed. I also had Monster Transmission in Florida build me a custom tranny for mild off-roading to my remote kayaking places I like to go. If anyone is interested in kayaking with me let me know. I’ve done all the mechanical, bodywork, and welding myself and have installed some aftermarket upgrades. I’m currently fighting all the electrical hacking that has been done to the Blazer over the decades but I have most of it sorted out now. Once I put it all back together, I’ll paint it. Anyway, I look forward to learning from reading your posts and hopefully I can share some of my insight to your squarebody issues, as well. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6194.png
    IMG_6194.png
    1 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5617.png
    IMG_5617.png
    419.4 KB · Views: 62

BearKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bear
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Welcome, sir. This is an awesome site. It’s helped me more than I can explain. There are a bunch of die-hard Square body guys with incredible knowledge of these trucks. My favorite brain to pick is a guy named….bucket. He’s a walking library of knowledge. Not just trucks but of all vehicles. Hit him up if you have any questions. He responds quickly. Anyway, glad we have another Square body enthusiast here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk