New Member GM Guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shawn Dzigner

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic 3500HD
Engine Size
350 5.7 Auto
New here, looking to connect with others and also selling an nice classic 87 GMC 3500 HD, connect with me, view the add and let me know your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Looks like an ok deal at $3000. I’m always wary of people who overhype things. Also, it either has a 4 speed or it has a TH400. Guy sounds like a huge bullshitter to me.

Other than that, welcome!

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
What the hell is a Rock Crusher Th400 4 Speed?

By the way- No one drools over a FF 14 bolt. Maybe if it was 4X4 with a Dana 60. Maybe a little jealousy then.

Hopefully the frame was coated after the pictures? If not that’s quite a blatant LIE.

Last edited:

Shawn Dzigner

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic 3500HD
Engine Size
350 5.7 Auto
nothing ******** about this add, just a nice truck for sale for a fair price from a long time gm owner. Nothings sells for list price so yes, entertaining offers between 3 and 7500. If there's some confusion about the trans, I personally don't know what it is but yes it could be one of the 2 mentioned, any ideas or comments instead of the heat bag comments? Thanks,

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
It's hard to be a serious inquirer when it says "350 5.7 sbc"

If you pickup a th400, and drop it on cement blocks, it'll bust them.
That's the closest experience I've had to a th400 crushing rocks.

Otherwise, welcome

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
nothing ******** about this add, just a nice truck for sale for a fair price from a long time gm owner. Nothings sells for list price so yes, entertaining offers between 3 and 7500. If there's some confusion about the trans, I personally don't know what it is but yes it could be one of the 2 mentioned, any ideas or comments instead of the heat bag comments? Thanks,
Is this your truck or something?

what’s a heat bag?

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Welcome from TX

To comment, "rock crusher" is a term used for some Muncie 4 speed manual transmissions. M22 if I recall. I'm sure it has a TH 400 since it's an auto dually.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
"

"Rock crusher" is a name normally associated with a Muncie four speed passenger car manual trans. That's why you are getting some grief.

You have a Turbo Hydramatic TH400 automatic transmission, which is a three speed.

K

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Ok, I get it now. It’s your truck because there’s an Ontario area code number but the truck is in Troy. I would try be honest about what exactly you’re looking for out of this.

Shawn Dzigner

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic 3500HD
Engine Size
350 5.7 Auto
Yes, its our truck that we used on the farm and road, the truck has a 350. 5.7Litre Small block Chevy,

as for the comments, I like simple straight words and conversations, when someone mentions "bullshitter" or "overhype", its just not how I like to converse as we know some things mechanically but not all, and it is not out ignorance, but just simply not knowing a few things like most others on this site. which is the reason why I am posting on a site like this, to be informed and know, not be chirped at. Sorry if anyone feels misled but we are all grown adults here at the same time. Id ask if we can act like one if there's any "serious" inquiries. Thanks.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
This is the same crap I went through finding a new vehicle this year. No one was honest.

Want some real advice. Find out exactly what your truck has going for it. Don’t hype it so much. If you don’t know be honest and say I don’t know.

Your ad is gonna turn away any real truck guys. With all the crap going on that is gonna be your market.

Shawn Dzigner

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic 3500HD
Engine Size
350 5.7 Auto
Understandable, I will revise the add to be more detailed for all the real truck guys and hopefully this will answer some of the concerns you have, thanks for the input. Not looking for BS here, just straight up connections, advise and help. Thanks Arkansas V*, I am also a phone call away if you want to know anything, i find a conversation on the phone is def easier then email, its how I communicate daily with more serious transactions, this will filter out all the bs or over hyping if any is assumed,

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Understandable, I will revise the add to be more detailed for all the real truck guys and hopefully this will answer some of the concerns you have, thanks for the input. Not looking for BS here, just straight up connections, advise and help. Thanks Arkansas V*, I am also a phone call away if you want to know anything, i find a conversation on the phone is def easier then email, its how I communicate daily with more serious transactions, this will filter out all the bs or over hyping if any is assumed,

Is it 4x4? I cannot tell if there's a shifter or not on the floor.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
as for the comments, I like simple straight words and conversations, when someone mentions "bullshitter" or "overhype",

I believe that’s what you are doing with this ad but I’m just one guy with an opinion. I would pass based on a couple things. First, the ad really tries to oversell it in my opinion but mostly I don’t trust people who post a truck in the Detroit area but live in another country. Is the truck actually In Canada?

You also need 50 posts to sell on here if you’re interested. Chances are this will be taken down since it’s your truck and not a truck you were interested in as it seemed.

what’s a heat bag?!?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486