New fuel tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houston Ben

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hi all, Don't know if i'm in the right section here but I want to replace the side mount tanks on an 86 c10 with a center tank but use the same fuel door, is this possible? If so, anyone know of a tank that will do this?

Thanks,

Ben

bigcountryguy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
Anything is possible lol might have to notch the frame and make a custom fill pipe to go over the frame and to the stock fuel door. Just curious? What is your reasoning for trying to do this? And are you talking about putting in a rear tank between the frame like a burb? Or using a tank in the middle of the truck?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Not to mention driveshaft and exhaust under that area

Houston Ben

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Sorry guys, guess I was kinda vague, it was late. I have an 86 SWB c10 that I plan on swapping a 2011 or newer 5.3 with transmission into it. Could I use the stock fuel tanks? I was told I probably need to get a new tank but I have never done this and don't know. I would like to go middle of truck but I think 89Sub is right on the money with the drive shaft and exhaust. I think if I put it where the spare tire goes I wouldn't be able to use the stock fuel doors. IDK???? Any insight would be much appreciated. By the way, I have no problem using the stock side tanks just don't know if they would work due to the new fuel system I would have to put in.

Thanks!

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
They probably meant that you need a gas tank with a sump for the 5.3L. Just buy an 87 TBI gas tank (which has a sump) and put the correct sending unit/fuel pump in and eliminate the mechanical pump you probably have.

while you're at it just make it DUAL tanks!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
504SquareBody