New from Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VirginBlacktop

Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum so I thought I would introduce myself. I'm 28 from La Porte, Texas. I have always been on 88-98 forums because thats what I had. However I just bought an'86 C10 SWB Stepside so here I am. I'm looking forward to posting and reading tech threads, as well as some general BS'ing. My plans for the truck include a static drop, an LS swap, and interior upgrades. Posts for all that to come when appropriate. Thanks in advance for all the help.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Welcome aboard.

VirginBlacktop

Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks

I guess I should post a pic of my ride. Bone stock right now, but under construction.

Attachments

• 2012-10-06_15-29-03_611.jpg
    2012-10-06_15-29-03_611.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 84

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Welcome from N. E. Texas.:welcome:

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Welcome Wes, I think I saw this on CL recently. You should bring it by the Kemah cruise in tonight at the Home Depot.

VirginBlacktop

Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome Wes, I think I saw this on CL recently. You should bring it by the Kemah cruise in tonight at the Home Depot.

Yeah I snagged this thing the day it was posted. I couldnt believe I got it so cheap actually. It's no where near show worthy, but I might have to swing by there anyway. How late do you guys usually stay? I'm working all weekend so I wouldnt be able to get there until after 7 or so. This time of year its already dark, (which would make my truck look better. :)

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I guess I should post a pic of my ride. Bone stock right now, but under construction.

Holy ****, that thing is beautiful man.

Sent from my iPod Touch 4th Gen using Tapatalk

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:welcome:

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Yeah I snagged this thing the day it was posted. I couldnt believe I got it so cheap actually. It's no where near show worthy, but I might have to swing by there anyway. How late do you guys usually stay? I'm working all weekend so I wouldnt be able to get there until after 7 or so. This time of year its already dark, (which would make my truck look better. :)
Sorry I couldnt reply til now, we didnt make it out there tonight. Me and dreamer got the trucks cleaned up to go and his truck got struck with the gremlins again. We worked on it til dark looking for a vacuum leak then didnt have enough time to make the show.

We usually go out there a couple times a month from about 6pm til about 8 or 9pm. These are our trucks, and they arent realy show worthy either but neither is 75% of what shows up at Kemah.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• group004.jpg
    group004.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 152.jpg
    152.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 118

VirginBlacktop

Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Oh ok. I got out there last night at about 7:30 or so. We walked around for about 30-45 minutes before the ricers showed up and all the real cars started leaving. I like how a couple of cops sit in the parking lot and make sure nobody starts acting stupid. Of course a couple of them did anyway as they were leaving. There werent too many trucks out there. Most notably was the red pro street stepside. I like his truck but thats not the direction I want to go with mine. Ive got a gutted '88 in the garage thats going that way. I want the '86 to be show worthy, focusing more on comfort, style, and driveability. Sorry ya'll couldnt make it.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Oh ok. I got out there last night at about 7:30 or so. We walked around for about 30-45 minutes before the ricers showed up and all the real cars started leaving. I like how a couple of cops sit in the parking lot and make sure nobody starts acting stupid. Of course a couple of them did anyway as they were leaving. There werent too many trucks out there. Most notably was the red pro street stepside. I like his truck but thats not the direction I want to go with mine. Ive got a gutted '88 in the garage thats going that way. I want the '86 to be show worthy, focusing more on comfort, style, and driveability. Sorry ya'll couldnt make it.
I'm sure next weekend we will be out there weather permitting, sorry to send you on a wild goose chase. Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87ScottW