New from rockport tx

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87gmcburb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic Suburban
Hello,
I'm new here. I figured I'd join one of theese forums now so I didn't have to meticulously search online for an awnser.
I just started on my first project truck this Saturday. It's a 79 c10 stepside with a 350.
Happy to be here.

I might also add I like how similar this site is to another one I actively use.
Welcome from Indiana

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
Wait. So that's not the original bumper? That's from a newer truck?
You have the headlamp surrounds for a 79-80 truck. The bumper is from an 83-87. 81-82 are similar but have the parking lamps in the bumper instead of the grille or beneath the headlamp.

HS

randomTruckKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You have the headlamp surrounds for a 79-80 truck. The bumper is from an 83-87. 81-82 are similar but have the parking lamps in the bumper instead of the grille or beneath the headlamp.

HS
That's cool!
It almost fits with what we're going for on the truck.

I wouldn't be surprised now if the back bumper and some other stuff is diffrent.

I belive it used to be a racing truck then the engine blew up so the last owner got a 350 from a junkyard and rebuilt it for his son.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
That's cool!
It almost fits with what we're going for on the truck.

I wouldn't be surprised now if the back bumper and some other stuff is diffrent.

I belive it used to be a racing truck then the engine blew up so the last owner got a 350 from a junkyard and rebuilt it for his son.
The end of the frame horns are made slightly different between the 73-80 & 81-87 trucks. The lateral frame brace that fastens to the bumper is definitely different. Looks like the bolts are missing from yours. You may have to modify those to make fit; some of these other members may can help you with past experience. It looks good on there though.

HS

randomTruckKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The end of the frame horns are made slightly different between the 73-80 & 81-87 trucks. The lateral frame brace that fastens to the bumper is definitely different. Looks like the bolts are missing from yours. You may have to modify those to make fit; some of these other members may can help you with past experience. It looks good on there though.

HS
Im going to leave it. It's not rusty at all.
Unlike the grill and left light cover. Grille is really rusted and left light cover is missing several bits.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef