New Daily Driver 90 K5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lethermon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Truck Year
1984/1986
Truck Model
C10/C30
Engine Size
I recently picked up a 1990 K5 in Dallas and set the cruise at 70 and headed back to Tulsa. I am only the second owner of this truck. Previous owner babied this thing and has kept every and all receipts on the truck. I just bought a new set of 35' STT's and 4.56's and tinted the windows. Im in love with this blazer only problems is that I cannot find a hard top ANYWHERE!!! Im excited to start building this rig and any thoughts or suggestions would be awesome.
You must be registered for see images

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Damn dude, that thing is sweet. Keep searchin craigslist, I see the tops here all the time and usually for free.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I like it! It wouldn't pay for me to have something that nice! 1-ton axles, big block, H1s, I would have it looking more like a Black-Ops CUCV than a pavement pounder!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
wow!! cool rig!

Lethermon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Truck Year
1984/1986
Truck Model
C10/C30
Engine Size
I couldnt help buying it this nice especially for only 3600. I saw it the night before on Dallas Craigslist so I skipped my classes the next morning and picked her up around 8pm and made it home around 12. And it kinda needs to be a street pounder because it is my DD but it will be seeing the trail and mud holes haha.

83K5guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Dam thats a nice rig. I think I seen it for sale a while back for $5k. IMO ditch those mirrors and get some real ones.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I couldnt help buying it this nice especially for only 3600. I saw it the night before on Dallas Craigslist so I skipped my classes the next morning and picked her up around 8pm and made it home around 12. And it kinda needs to be a street pounder because it is my DD but it will be seeing the trail and mud holes haha.

I wouldn't take it offroad if I were you, keep it cherry. Buy something else to beat the crap out of because no matter how safe or easy you try to be, you WILL end up honing it out in a bog trying to get out, or get against a tree or bush and screw up that beautiful paint and body. Just rock it man, love it!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Dam thats a nice rig. I think I seen it for sale a while back for $5k. IMO ditch those mirrors and get some real ones.

Those mirrors are real mirrors, and factory too. They provide great visibility, they are power so you don't have to have the passenger adjust the right mirror for you, and they easily fold in and you can fold them back out and they don't need adjusted again. They are more practical than the basic stainless dumbo mirror.

And I must say, that is one sweet Blazer! But what is left to build? Looks like a perfect DD already!

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
sweet blazer
my 90 jimmy is a pavment pounder daily driver. if you take it off road they will get beat up

i have a purpose built better truck to play with 1 tons and lockers with 38'' tires.

my jimmy is in great shape and keeping it a pavment pounder will keep it that way

and i have three extra hard tops find your way to wyoming and you can have one

83K5guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Those mirrors are real mirrors, and factory too. They provide great visibility, they are power so you don't have to have the passenger adjust the right mirror for you, and they easily fold in and you can fold them back out and they don't need adjusted again. They are more practical than the basic stainless dumbo mirror.

And I must say, that is one sweet Blazer! But what is left to build? Looks like a perfect DD already!

I know what you mean but they just look out of place on a squarebody

Lethermon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Truck Year
1984/1986
Truck Model
C10/C30
Engine Size
Im really wanting to get some HID's for the low beams. I'm having a hard time finding out how to exactly do it. Can I use the housings from LMC? I'm also gonna ditch the turd rear tube bumper, and order a factory grill and rear bumper. Supposed to get some snow this Monday 1-4 inches. I'm praying we do get it I wanna see what the STT's are made of haha.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
I'm also gonna ditch the turd rear tube bumper, and order a factory grill and rear bumper.

A little oem brightwork on the front grill would look better, it looks like someone took the easy way out and rattle-canned it. Other than that, really sweet. You stole it at that price.

Lots of gauges in that thing, what do they all do?

Lethermon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Truck Year
1984/1986
Truck Model
C10/C30
Engine Size
Thanks, yea ive had a murdered out suburban so I dont want my blazer to be. I will post some pics of all the paperwork on the truck. The original build sheet shows it was 21k with some add ons, and the paint is original black with on the bottom. On the gauges above my head from left to right - Tach, Trans Temp, Compass ...haha. and on the factory cluster where the clock usually is that is a vacuum gage. And finally below the cd player from left to right -- Fuel pressure, oil temp , and finally air to fuel ratio

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reese68