New cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC1971

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So next week im ordering lifters pushrods and rockers for the 350 and figured now would be an excuse to put a cam with a little higher lift in. Nothing crazy i was wanting something a little bigger but be affordable and driveable. Any suggestions? $150 is really what i can spend as the lifters have to be done. Any good cheap cams for 150 that would add a little lift? Some pretty slow idle?

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Heres what you need to consider, any cam that is going to be work with stock valve springs wont be worth it and any cam worth it probably wont work with stock springs. You mentioned you have $150 for the cam, is that to come with lifters or do you have extra money ear marked for the lifters? Remember you will need new oil pan, timing cover, water pump, intake manifold gaskets, break in oil, coolant also. It would be wise to replace timing chain while you're in there also.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Comp 268 duration 454 lift. I wanna say they call it a 268 Magnum. It’s an all around good cam that creates plenty of vacuum for your brakes.

GMC1971

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
150 is extra not counting the rest of the job. If i replace cam naturally going to replace timing chain if nothing more than to get rid of the aluminum gear/plastic teeth deal. Doesnt really need a cam but i figured "when in rome". Besides with the lifters worn the way they are the cam might be worn too but im not certain.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
150 is extra not counting the rest of the job. If i replace cam naturally going to replace timing chain if nothing more than to get rid of the aluminum gear/plastic teeth deal. Doesnt really need a cam but i figured "when in rome". Besides with the lifters worn the way they are the cam might be worn too but im not certain.

Good idea to replace the cam also, but dont forget the springs too. Wait till you can buy those to match the cam also, the stock springs probably werent even close to the correct pressures when they were new and have less now.

GMC1971

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Well the lifters are needing replaced bad and i drive it 200 miles a week so i may go stock to get it done. I have another truck i could drive but its about ready to be retired. I have to drive 55 and under to keep the lifters from collapsing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spartantx117