New and a load of help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lingo

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Seirra Clasic
Engine Size
Hello all, great to have found this place. My name is Lingo and I live in Northern Alberta, Canada, yeah we got snow today. I recently had the luck of a 1982 GMC Sierra Classic given to me last spring. It had a 305 in it but was changing the oil pan gasket and there were piston parts in it. Took me 5 and a half months to pull out the engine taking it out a few bolts a day (disabled). I put in a 350 with a turbo 250 out of a 1980 gmc great old orange blocks. Took me 4 and a half weeks to install the 350. Problem being I can't figure out the vacuum lines and there are cut wires which I don't know where they go to. I also don't know how to hook up the washer motor they hooked it live to a always power wire and must have run it till it seized. I noticed on the main command centre where the washer system is there is a connector missing with two sleeves. So I am thinking this must be where the washer hooked up. if anyone could send me pictures of how the vacuum set up goes, and how the washer pump hooks on to the main washer centre. It would be very helpful. Thanks in advance for any help.

Lingo

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:welcome:

Dmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome. Some pictures of the lines and wires you are asking about would help. Also, if you are talking about vac lines off the carb, the make\model of the carb and a pic would help too.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Pix pleeze!

2 or 4 barrel carb? Smog equipped?

Welcome to GMSB!

Lingo

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Seirra Clasic
Engine Size
Sorry about that was so excited to find a group I fit into I never thought about pics. I will post some today have the truck in a buddy's garage putting headers on. Didn't know you needed actual header bolts spent a couple hours trying reg bolts of differing sizes. I am 3 and a half hours from the city (Edmonton) and though I can get some parts most have to be ordered in. Truck is not that fancy has a bit of rust on the most fenders but plan on putting new and paint this spring. It has a 4 bbl carb had to get a new one as I ruined one putting it in and another trying to rebuild lol. It has been a lot of years since I was able to mechanic and I did not realize how exhilarating it is to put something together by yourself and then drive it. will take some pictures of the unit er my baby and post them this evening. I have no kick down cable and the hook on to the transmission is broken and I noticed not all trans have a electrical connection. so thanks for the welcomes all and have a good one.

Lingo

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Welcome from Georgia

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:welcome: you’ll probably get more traction with the help you need by posting your questions in the proper subforum :)

Lingo

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Seirra Clasic
Engine Size
True about the thread thing, but I have gotten a few answers and more info needed here and I don't want to leave anyone hangin so I will fix the issues I posted about and than start using proper boards. Good Idea though and is a will do, thanks, I have been researching the boards and have already solved the washer pump, who woulda thought using the ground to run it it may have been a while before I even put a test light to it now it will be standard lol.

Lingo

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
:welcome:

Hatchet54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Sierra Grande
Engine Size
Nice to have you here Lingo, post a picture of your hanging lines and someone will be able to tell you where they go!

Dan Miller

K15SG
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Welcome from Indiana !!

WFO

Full Access Member