need help or advice asap please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman73

Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
My question is I have a 1973 short bed c10 I put 2.5 inch spindles and 2inch springs on the front the rear I did the shackles and hanger kit. But the problem is the front is lower so makes the truck have that raked look I want it even so I need to lower the back. The thing is i heard if I flip it with the shackles and hanger it would be too low and I do not have the factory hangers so not a option but can I take the shackles off and put factory back on and yhen flip with hangers to.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
If you put a total of 4.5 inches of drop in the front, if you flip the rear Axel put it on top of the springs, you should be fine with the spring hanger, and shackles you have put on it. Doing a axel flip and hanger with shackles usually gives you about 6-7 inches of drop, which will even out the truck. The one problem you may run into is the axel might hit the frame. Than you'll have to notch the frame. Hope this helps, or if I'm worg someone will point you in the correct direction.

chevyman73

Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Thank you sir I just been reading alot of things from different forums and some were like that would be like a 10 inch drop or more.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
Clean is probably correct. If you flip with the shackles and hangers you will have to c-notch the frame. All depends how low you want to be. You could always put the stock springs back in the front. This would even you back out pretty well with the hangers and shackles in the back.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Bags of concrete, plus or minus them to get your desired ride height. :roflbow:

Latest posts

Forum statistics