My Rear End Build For My Low Buck Street/Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Mark,
Most of them really don’t know who you are.
But stick around. I’m sure you will pick up a few good engine building and chassis tuning tips along the way.

I foresee a 496 with 781’s in the future of that truck.
Thanks, It sure would be a different world with one of those 496s in there.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
Man-O-man.
I wish my Dad had the cool shop that you do.
Keep it up!

Love reading about your progress with the truck.

potent rodent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
butch
Truck Year
86 and 78
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 and 305
That's great you have access to a line hone/bore machine. I've passed on a few blocks due to unknown line bore. I get to someone's house to buy a block and see the mains off the block, I just cringe. I noticed yours were too, and I was hoping you had them marked. There's so many out there that WANNABE an engine builder, pull it apart, and didn't mark **** then expect someone will buy it when they decide it's over their head. Line bore is just something I won't a chance on and it's so expensive when I know I can find another block that was either never tore down, or tore down properly for less than the cost of a line bore.
my friend u are talking to mark jones aka vortech pro, one of the top engine builders in the country if any body can make that small block run he can. take a look on u tube the man is amazing vortech pro

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
my friend u are talking to mark jones aka vortech pro, one of the top engine builders in the country if any body can make that small block run he can. take a look on u tube the man is amazing vortech pro
Not sure how my post generated that kind of response. But good to know. If that's the case then he knows he has some work to do to get that truck into the 11's and a gear swap alone isn't going to get it done. I would be interested in seeing some builds. I've thought of getting me a street/strip square but these today are so fast, I'd just get laughed at running 11's on the street especially here in the 405. There's pleny of top engine builders around here locally. Back in the day, I built all own my ****. Only thing I didn't build was my converter when I ran automatics and my driveshafts. Left those up the pros who had the machines. The thing real nice about squares is they like the hook. Not much suspension work needed to get into the 10's so you can spend your money on your engine and transmission.

Mark Jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Up date: My new best is 12.44 @ 106 shutting off early, around 1200 feet, 1.71 60 foot. Were going to build a 355 next seeing the 327 has about 30,000 miles now, used pretty much as daily driver now. I'am sure the valve springs are weak, Z/28 springs. Nothing has been changed since earlier in my thread due to moving our shop.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Up date: My new best is 12.44 @ 106 shutting off early, around 1200 feet, 1.71 60 foot. Were going to build a 355 next seeing the 327 has about 30,000 miles now, used pretty much as daily driver now. I'am sure the valve springs are weak, Z/28 springs. Nothing has been changed since earlier in my thread due to moving our shop.
Sounds like a great plan. Replace the tired springs and have a nice streetable daily with some pep and put it in something else and build the 355 for the truck. Can't have to many riides right? One for the grocery store, 1 for work, 1 for church, 1 for ... Back in my poor days. I just have 1 for everything, but that's what it took to afford race parts. Sitting in Los Angeles traffic at 220-240 degrees with biggo radiator, engine fan, electric fan and all. Big Cam Problems. It was all fun that way until you broke then you didn't have a ride to work until you fixed it. I got to be pretty quick at fixing them breaks. Thankfully they were all behind the flexplate and with friends usually able to borrow a car for a ride to work. We were nuts back in those days. Someone would come from out of town and spank one of our buddies. We'd tell'm come back next weekend after I get it tuned, and let me win my money back. LMAO, We swap engines for the weekend so the buddy could get his money back. Talk about a tune up !!! Fun times !!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
This the kinda $hit you gotta be careful of in OK. No need to worry about the rich fan boy Coyote Mustangs and Camaros and Vettes. Better worry about Grandma's car. They got funny bumps in the hood and holes in the fenders.
You must be registered for see images attach

WesN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
OK

Here you go..........
The guy in the other lane cuts a perfect light on you!!! Here the system goes to 4 digit’s and I lost a race with a .0007 breakout. So I know how you feel sucks to lose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54