My new acquisition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rt66paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
paul
Truck Year
1991 suburban
Truck Model
Engine Size
That cab is real handy, with or without the jump seat. A great place to put items(tools, groceries, whatever that you do not want stolen when you park it. I really hate 3 or 4 door trucks.

Michael Benardo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 25
Engine Size
292 Cubes
It’s an F350, but I’m not even really sure what the differences are between three-quarter ton and 1 ton Ford trucks from that year. It is a cab and chassis because the flatbed is 10 feet long and the trucks frame goes all the way to the back.

I’m not even sure what engine is in it. He owns a wood shop and the thing is full of wood shavings right now and to be honest I wouldn’t know what the hell I’m looking at when I open the hood in a Ford anyway. I guess I get to learn about Ford engines now.
This is a 1 Tonner! The F350, besides having a higher GVWR, has a longer wheelbase - a 3/4 ton has a 8 foot bed, a 1 tonner has a 9 foot bed, standard cabs of course. Fords are fine, as long as you have the radiator re-cored with a thicker core.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
This is a 1 Tonner! The F350, besides having a higher GVWR, has a longer wheelbase - a 3/4 ton has a 8 foot bed, a 1 tonner has a 9 foot bed, standard cabs of course. Fords are fine, as long as you have the radiator re-cored with a thicker core.
I saw a couple CL ads that said 9’ bed. I didn’t know that was how they came.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I'm not sure they came with 9' or 8' beds.

The F-350 did have a different wheel base than a long bed F-150 or 250. I believe it was to accommodate the chassis cab set up like on GM dually C/K30's. Here's a couple of pictures of F-350's.

You'll notice the passenger side spare tire carrier. I have only ever seen this on the F-350. This allowed a second fuel tank behind the rear axle. Due to the compartment and size of the spare, the rear axle is set back further (about 8"; 140" WB). You can also see in photo #1 it has 33x12.50x16.5 tires on the rear. I believe they were optional. If you ran the same size tire front and back like in photo #2 & 3, the rears would track inboard of the front.

If you want more info on the truck you can get a Marti Report.

Here's the specs on the 460: 212 HP @ 4,400 rpm & 342 TQ @ 2,600 rpm.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuchito