My engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You can bet I wanted to keep the hydroboost, but it was to pricey for this paticular trunk and I didn't want to put much money in it. I did keep the hydroboost unit for a core cuz if I ever build a hot motor with a biggo cam, I'll be going with a hydroboost again. Big Cam = No Vacuum. My 85K10 still have the hydroboost unit and I hope it works. I'd like to keep it in that truck.

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
if i was closer i would come and rebuild it for for the cost of beer and 500$
im glad i had 3 years of machine shop in HS

i rebuilt one a while ago and the guy had some dufus rebuild it and they didn't ream the cylinder walls in it causing it to break the rings.

it was a 327 out of a 66 C10 it had them special power pack heads on it

RailRiderHD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
Well she finally moves again under her own power, thought it might be overheating last night so we shut her down, ended up being fine just a bad temp gauge, bought a new one from Autozone last night and all is well. Still need to do a little fine tuning to the carb and get the hood back on but here are a few pics in all her glory first time out of the garage in about 4 months.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The truck looks even better outside. :waytogo:

PS, I moved this post from your into thread to your engine thread. If you want it in your intor thread too, I can copy the post back and leave this one here too.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
That thing looks good man.

RailRiderHD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
Thanks for the compliments guys! Well it's been a few days since i got the motor put in and I've put about 15 miles on her around town and such. Borrowed a timing light from a buddy of mine and got her timed today, where had it wasn't far off at all. So far everything is going good. I am not sure I trust her more than around town for now, but I trust her enough that I parked the DMAX in the garage today and plan on driving the 82 to work and around town. If I need to go on a long trip or run to Wal-Mart (15 miles away) I might take the Dmax, or we will take the wife's Jetta. I like driving the old girl even with no AC, hopefully this will keep some miles off my main truck. and just for fun here is a pic of my DD since this is a chevy site and all :)

Last edited:

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Glad to hear you got it going again....Looks to be a pretty solid truck! I'd like my next square to be a 4X4....always loved the way they looked lifted up and all.................

RailRiderHD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
Well since I seem to have turned this into my whole truck thread, lol. I have been wanting a toolbox for the truck since this is the first Regular cab I have had in a long long time I don't have places to put junk, and since I"m not gonna lie, this is kinda my beater I didn't want to spend 200 bucks on a toolbox. I been kinda looking around the last few days and this morning I was driving to town and see a toolbox at a garage sale on the side of the road, I thought hmmmmm if that is still there when i come back by in a bit I might stop and see what they want for it. Well I went and got our breakfast and came back home so I stopped by there, the lady was closing up and I said " how much for the toolbox" she said "50 bucks"..... I said, ok, well that's a good deal but I only have 20 on me (I was serious... ok well I had 22.53) and she says " Ill take that just so I don't have to haul it back to the house". So I loaded it up and screwed it down when I got home. Anyways here are the pictures which is all you guys care about lol all you probably read was " blah blah blah.....pictar!

I have also done a little interior work but don't have pictures of that yet, lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well since I seem to have turned this into my whole truck thread, lol. I have been wanting a toolbox for the truck since this is the first Regular cab I have had in a long long time I don't have places to put junk, and since I"m not gonna lie, this is kinda my beater I didn't want to spend 200 bucks on a toolbox. I been kinda looking around the last few days and this morning I was driving to town and see a toolbox at a garage sale on the side of the road, I thought hmmmmm if that is still there when i come back by in a bit I might stop and see what they want for it. Well I went and got our breakfast and came back home so I stopped by there, the lady was closing up and I said " how much for the toolbox" she said "50 bucks"..... I said, ok, well that's a good deal but I only have 20 on me (I was serious... ok well I had 22.53) and she says " Ill take that just so I don't have to haul it back to the house". So I loaded it up and screwed it down when I got home. Anyways here are the pictures which is all you guys care about lol all you probably read was " blah blah blah.....pictar!

I have also done a little interior work but don't have pictures of that yet, lol

SCORE !!! :waytogo: :High 5:

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblaalbhalbjajbbhaljbajbla....Truck looks sweet!....:drool:......blahblabhabhbalbhlbhabhbhalblah

:roflbow::crazy::roflbow::crazy:

RailRiderHD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
Update:.... still running great, just got done doing the 100 mile oil change, next is the 1000 mile. I been driving it everywhere since I got it running the only time my dmax has left the garage in the last 2 weeks is when I had to go to Ft. Worthless the other day for work... and you guys wouldn't believe how many people want me to sell it to them, lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Oh yes, I would beleive it.

82chevy350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Truck Year
1982, 1976
Truck Model
C10, K10, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
thats a good looking truck

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Paint the toolbox black.

cupp_cody

Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
88 / 79
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
I would call the guy out that you bought it from. I know it wont help ha but it will make you feel a little better. I rebuild a motor once with all new berings and rings and gaskets and threw like an rv2 cam in there and portmatched the heads l. I had a nice running 350 and that only ran me like 250 for parts. Go buy a games manual for 15 bucks and it will give you step by step. The part that's going to kill you is the tools. Like an engine hoist and stand and so on. Your not going to regret it over buying another "rebuilt motor"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOD26