My Burb Died Tonight....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I f I were you I would pick up an extra ignition module and leave it in the glove box. Just for the peace of mind that if the used one you replaced the bad one with doesn't have much life left in it at least you have a new backup waiting. Might save a lot of hassle one dark night at the boat ramp.

I keep a spare in the Blazer...Plus the tools to install.

Didn't help me, but i did help a 1987 SWB squarebody owner once when his went out at a grocery store.

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
The parts were free so phukit.

if the parts are duralast brand just throw them in the trash i tried a tune up one time and all the parts were either poor quality or just didn't work.

the wire set is the worse i have seen it looked like a Christmas tree at night lit up with the truck running :flipthebird: :roflbow:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
if the parts are duralast brand just throw them in the trash i tried a tune up one time and all the parts were either poor quality or just didn't work.

the wire set is the worse i have seen it looked like a Christmas tree at night lit up with the truck running :flipthebird: :roflbow:
The last set of wires I bought did the same thing. They were Duralast too.

These parts were made by Standard.

She actually feels a tad bit peppier.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
we use standard at work and have good luck with them, wells is another decent part

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've never had problems with Standard, Well or Borg Warner ignition parts. I do have a Duralast Cap and rotor on my Box Van, but I got the upgraded set and the difference in quality was night and day. I was in a bind broke down out of town and had not choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gord