modern interior in 77 chevy stepside.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4thgentruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 shortbed stepside.
Engine Size
This may piss a couple off but is there anyway to get a modern dash, guage cluster, seat and stearing column into the cab of the truck. Trying to get modern feel in a square body cab.

Any imput would be great.

TexasOutlaw87Cummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
k 30
Engine Size
5.9 cummins
Haha ! No I feel ya I would love a beer Interoir but sadly to say I think it's pretty much nearly impossible to alot of work ! from where I see it at . You would have to cut out compleatly the old dash cuz the Majority of it is metal Then make
Mounts for a newerdash that's safe and will hold a newer steering column all new ac Plumbing Get your door panels to match the new dash Cause there's no other door panels I can switch in the square body not impossible but a lot of work

4thgentruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 shortbed stepside.
Engine Size
Well when u put it that way lol. But its gonna be a ground up resto. And i have nothing but time. But you are right ALOT of work. Chasing all wires plumbing modifications and lord knows all the welding and cutting involved. But it would be nice if i could get it done. Ill talk with my dad and see what he thinks. Hes gonna be helping me with this project like my user name this was once his truck to. Just want the best comfortable ride with a modern old school feel for the square body.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I'll have to do some searching but I know there's some pics of squares on this forum with new style dashes in them. Let me do some poking around.

also...OP got your PM. I will reply to it but will take me a little bit :)

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Found what I was looking for. this is a dash out of a later GMT400 (95-98 dash with air bag delete). So it can be done. Not sure of the work that went into this build...

You must be registered for see images attach

4thgentruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 shortbed stepside.
Engine Size
Thanks for all the help and that dash looks great. Not fond of the seat choicing but hey everyone has their own dreams and comforts. Im so glad that i found this forum and cant thank everyone enough for all the help and inputs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkreetKilla