Mobile House Trailer Frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Yeah ,theoretically it only has to make 1 trip ,right?
That's correct, multiple trips destroy these hell holes in a hurry. Hurricane food!

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
That looks a lot like the PJ brand of trailer that I had but sold.
When choosing a trailer, stay away from those units that have the tilt, with a solid deck that ends about four foot from the front of the trailer, IE, the deck from that portion back tilts. Those things really suck, it is the perfect distance that when hauling a pickup truck, the rear wheels gets far enough back to cause the bed to tilt and the front wheels is still stuck on the non tilt portion at the front of the trailer. Just really sucks to have the vehicle moved that far back to only have the tilt portion lock in behind the front tires. cant go back, cant go forwards without a come along and a lot of cussing. Just ask Me how I know. :banghead::drunk::Caffeine:
The trailer on that page would be a real nice unit.
Another pic of My neighbors trailer from this morning. He is a very busy man, self employed, takes on jobs no one else wants to do.
You must be registered for see images attach
I just unloaded a truck off one of those trailers the other day.... SUCKED! it did exactly as described

Colin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
350 cu. in.

This dovetail goose neck isn't from a mobile home frame.
It looks to be factory built... Big Tex maybe?

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
That looks a lot like the PJ brand of trailer that I had but sold.
When choosing a trailer, stay away from those units that have the tilt, with a solid deck that ends about four foot from the front of the trailer, IE, the deck from that portion back tilts. Those things really suck, it is the perfect distance that when hauling a pickup truck, the rear wheels gets far enough back to cause the bed to tilt and the front wheels is still stuck on the non tilt portion at the front of the trailer. Just really sucks to have the vehicle moved that far back to only have the tilt portion lock in behind the front tires. cant go back, cant go forwards without a come along and a lot of cussing. Just ask Me how I know. :banghead::drunk::Caffeine:
The trailer on that page would be a real nice unit.
Another pic of My neighbors trailer from this morning. He is a very busy man, self employed, takes on jobs no one else wants to do.
Im glad you mentioned that. Ive always thought a tilt deck would sweet but that would suck to have it stuck half on like that.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
As you know, in our area these come up often, or trailers made out of them. I avoid them like the plague, simply because of the goofy tires and wheels that I can't get a replacement for if I'm in the middle of nowhere.

People who use them seem to like them fine, but they also tend to be the type of people who think their S10 tows fine.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
This dovetail goose neck isn't from a mobile home frame.
It looks to be factory built... Big Tex maybe?
You are right, I hadda take a second look. That is a trailer He borrows from time to time. He does load the TH framed trailer like that though.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Im glad you mentioned that. Ive always thought a tilt deck would sweet but that would suck to have it stuck half on like that.
Tilt beds is fine, just be sure it is not a split flat top tilt bed, where part of the bed does not tilt.

Dooley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
RW
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size

The original trailer Bob Chandler hauled his first BIGFOOT around on was homemade and had 3 mobile home axles under it.
Back when BIGFOOT was still running 48" tires.
I ran a homemade stock trailer for 20 years with mobile home axles under it with no problems. Big enough to haul 4 Percherons/or 6 saddle horses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128