Mazda 626, GMT800 Hoe !!! When it rains it pours !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So as if I don't have enough negativity going on in my life at the moment...

Someone donated my daughter a 2002 Mazda 626 in need of some work. I did the work got it driveable for her with some rear suspension work and lateral arm replacements, shift cable etc. She got to drive it 4 days. It quit, had it towed to my house thinking it was fuel related. Couldn't confirm it was fuel related, but didn't hear the fuel pump and confirmed spark and no ODB ll codes. Pulled the fuel pump, tested it and it's working fine. Went back again, pulled plug #1, did the finger over the spark plug hole test, I felt compression and suction so I ruled out timing belt.

Decided to compression test it. 60lbs #1, 0 for #2, 3 and 4. So then I decided the valves happend to be almost closed on #1 to build some compression but it's got to be a timing belt. What a PITA. I'm in the middle of this project now waiting for parts to show up via Fed Ex.

Son was over yesterday for my birthday, I worked on his 2000 Hoe ignition switch and shift mechanism and park interlock ******** for about an hour. Today he calls me up about 30 miles out of town. He tells me this story and I said, sure sounds like a Con Rod knock. Had it towed home. Sure enough, 279,000 miles he has a hard Con Rod knock.

When the hell does this **** end? So both of my adult kids are without transportation and guess who has to fix all this ****. Nevermind that I don't get to work on my own **** and the tasks I need to complete in between other health and financial related issues.

So yes, I'm still in and out of here, just not here as long as I usually am. For anything forum related, go ahead and send PM to me. For anything auto related, rather than send me a PM, go ahead and post in the proper category and other members are likely able to help. Sorry to those I have not responded to immediately. Juat extremely busy with life at the moment.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Sorry to hear hrpc :( happy bday, tho!!! :wave:

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Sorry to hear, that sucks.:( Happy B-Day.:cheers:

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Good luck playing in the **** show. Happy BDay

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Sorry to hear about all that HR. I don't mean anything by saying this, but that is exactly why I tell people I'll help them work on their car....including the kids. They'll be right there with me workin n learning. Wife on the other hand is a different story, I tell her to go away LOL....and I'm not joking, I'm serious.

Hey on the Mazda, is the water pump under the timing belt cover as well? Might wanna change it while you're there. Being a Mazda probably not, just a thought.

I'd come help ya if you were close.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Sorry to hear about the troubles man, hope things start looking up for ya.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
It's a bummer when **** gets deep in life. Try to keep your chin up..

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
Hey HotRod, cheer up my friend, this too shall pass. And kids, well, they're worth it in the long run. They'll be looking out for you someday. Happy Birthday compadre!

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
How old are the kids? Old enough to have jobs and afford newer cars?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
How old are the kids? Old enough to have jobs and afford newer cars?

I think I know where you are headed with this, and I would agree.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I think I know where you are headed with this, and I would agree.
I have friend who spends much of his time and retirement income helping out his 35-40 year old daughter and her minimum wage husband.

Like HotRodPC, he is constantly repairing their 10-15 year old cars, including buying the parts. I once ask him if his son-in-law at least helps with the work. His response was, "Are you kidding me?"

He and his wife are in the process of moving to another state, and I wouldn't be surprised if his "dependents" will want to move with them.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys and other well wishes.

Just way to much going on in life right now. Health issues, financial issues and blah blah blah.

My kids were raised almost right. They do help and I damn sure don't buy their parts. My daughter went through a tough divorce so her finances are fuct no matter what. Then after her divorce she went off the deep end and got herself into a biggo hole. Luckily I dropped the house on her to turn herself around and for the last 14 months she's been digging herself out of that hole she made for herself in the previous year and slowly getting out of it, working almost full time, and going to school for her CNA license too. Son got married last year, and has a 4 month old baby boy so his wife isn't working, which I don't really agree with. He's barely holding his own and a car payment is out of the question at the moment.

I'll leave it at that, you guys don't want to hear, and I don't even think I want to spill the rest of this sob story ********. I know I'm not the only one having things rough and I just keep telling myself, it could be worse so I keep pushing on trying to take advantage of the unseasonably warm weather in between business appointments and visits, all while trying to handle my **** and help the kids. I sure don't want to see them end up in the hole I'm in at their age.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Happy birthday ol' boy.
I'm off work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday...I'll lend a hand if you want one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonanza 77