Maxwellvis. A 20 year old with a 1949 Chevrolet truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
Sooo junior decided the other day after I pointed it out to him, that he could sell off his current 1955 Bel Air and then take the cash he has saved and turn around to buy a running driver of the same flavor that he could enjoy now.

So he started looking around and came upon a 1949 truck.
He has wanted one for many, many years, it was one of his first vehicular obsessions.
You must be registered for see images attach

This particular machine has been off the road since 1996.
The feller we purchased it from had picked the truck up from the long standing owner.
He wanted to do some chassis upgrades on his new projects, so he found Code 504 and their S-10 chassis swap kit.
This kit takes the S-10 chassis and provides all the needed brackets and supports you will need to mount the body to chassis.
Not to shabby.
So the feller did all the tough stuff and made the truck whole again.
He also dropped a 1979 Malibu 305 and TH200 transmission into the truck.
New wires, new brakes, and a new exhaust.
It runs really well.

This photo shows Max's 3 cars.
Not to bad for a 20 year old kid...

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
I like the truck but love the Bel-Air. I need it to match with my 55 truck!

Strickland

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I like the truck but love the Bel-Air. I need it to match with my 55 truck!

Strickland
I told him he could sell it or keep it, but you only get 2 parking spots at home.
So he choose to keep the Bel Air and continue working on it with the parts hoard that he already has for it.

He needs property.
I have given him a pretty hefty addiction...

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
He had it home for less than 24 hours and it already has a new set of Flowmasters under it.
It was a massive 32 degrees out and they dove right in.

Max shows his buddies his new toy...

You can see my Bel Air in the corner waiting its turn...

Often my driveway looks like an old car collector lives here.
Max's 19 year old buddy Jake daily drives the 1969 Galaxie...

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I saw that rig for sale and was impressed with it but am not liquid enough to make moves lol. Glad someone who will love on it got the nod to buy.
Yuss.
He was super excited to find it.
Then he laid the convincing on thick with Mom & Dad.
I didn't care as it was all his money, you hafta convince the Ma.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
A quick walk around from the day we first laid eyes upon it...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And then a cold start when it is around 32* in the morning...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Yuss.
He was super excited to find it.
Then he laid the convincing on thick with Mom & Dad.
I didn't care as it was all his money, you hafta convince the Ma.
Dont I know that.
Same here. Every one of my toys I've paid for with my money, no help, but as of now there all on my folks property. Luckly dad doesnt care, at all. He "gave me" one square acre for all my stuff. He said only 3 rules; has to stay in the acre and not spill into the home yard, and everything has to be in a neat line, like a parking lot, and it has to get mowed and weedwacked come summer. Aside from that, he said do whatever you want.
Ma doesnt care really either, but whenever I bring something new home or start talking about "the next one", I always get that look like "really?". Gotta convince her it's a good buy, and I will do somthing with it.
So far I'm doing okay. Keep em neat and mowed, and they still fit on the acre, haha.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
My first ride ever was a 52 GMC with a 228 motor, caught the bug and have had close to twenty over the years. Still have four, love that body style.
Just sold a 228 from my 48 this summer.

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
First pic is a 235 rebuilt 235 ready to go. That was the original motor, and I drove it all over once to Gainsville FL via texas from WA ST. second pic is the truck it was in, replaced by a 283 hp 283, muncie four speed, 4:56 rear from a 62 chevy. Loved that truck. One of the ones I still have, 3600, building a LQ9 with a borg warner 475 single turbo, Dana60 Strange 35 spline axle 4:56 gears coil over QA1's and air bags. Jim Morrison front rack and pinion steering. Was my only farm truck for years. Hope to get the motor apart and bore for -25cc pistons at the shop, (work in a speed shop do the work on motors, Bore hone, rods etc.) Launiti rods, stock rockers with the trunnion kit 76CC 317 heads ported by Keltech. Easy 800hp on 92 octain with a conservative tune. The heads flow 320, and will support 1000+. 4L80E trans I will build. Just to wet your kids appetite Peter

Attachments

• IMG_2601~photo.JPG
    IMG_2601~photo.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 53 chev 1980.jpg3.jpg
    53 chev 1980.jpg3.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4063~photo-full.jpg
    IMG_4063~photo-full.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 53

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Dont I know that.
Same here. Every one of my toys I've paid for with my money, no help, but as of now there all on my folks property. Luckly dad doesnt care, at all. He "gave me" one square acre for all my stuff. He said only 3 rules; has to stay in the acre and not spill into the home yard, and everything has to be in a neat line, like a parking lot, and it has to get mowed and weedwacked come summer. Aside from that, he said do whatever you want.
Ma doesnt care really either, but whenever I bring something new home or start talking about "the next one", I always get that look like "really?". Gotta convince her it's a good buy, and I will do somthing with it.
So far I'm doing okay. Keep em neat and mowed, and they still fit on the acre, haha.
Yes sir.
Neat and orderly will be the way they have to be when we end up with more land.
That will be in a few years though, until then it is up to him what he does with the 3rd vehicle.

We are thinking of moving from Oregon to North Dakota outside of the Fargo area somewhere.
For what I can sell my little house in the suburbs for here, I can buy a plot of land and a pretty nice house for over there.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Catbox
F yeah! Your kid has good taste!
My first “project” was a ‘53 5 window. Never got it running and it got vandalized which pretty much dashed that once all the windows got broke out. Then I got arrested because I found out who did it…
Then real life things took priority over frivolous stuff as soon as I got out of high school.
Me and my dad bought another one together while I was in college. Got a few good memories with dad out of it. And sold it for my half of the cash for our first house down payment when I was 23.
But one of my bosses in high school and college had a 49 pickup that he bought mostly restored and because I was also his mechanic and briefly dated one of his daughters I did get the privilege of driving that one around occasionally. You would have thought I was in a friggin Ferrari by the size of the grin on my face when I’d get to roll that 49 around.
Good on him. He’s already living my old dream!

Some day…

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
First pic is a 235 rebuilt 235 ready to go. That was the original motor, and I drove it all over once to Gainsville FL via texas from WA ST. second pic is the truck it was in, replaced by a 283 hp 283, muncie four speed, 4:56 rear from a 62 chevy. Loved that truck. One of the ones I still have, 3600, building a LQ9 with a borg warner 475 single turbo, Dana60 Strange 35 spline axle 4:56 gears coil over QA1's and air bags. Jim Morrison front rack and pinion steering. Was my only farm truck for years. Hope to get the motor apart and bore for -25cc pistons at the shop, (work in a speed shop do the work on motors, Bore hone, rods etc.) Launiti rods, stock rockers with the trunnion kit 76CC 317 heads ported by Keltech. Easy 800hp on 92 octain with a conservative tune. The heads flow 320, and will support 1000+. 4L80E trans I will build. Just to wet your kids appetite Peter
Hey Craig, is that like the correct original color of the 235 Thriftmaster? I asked what was the original color of the engine in my '56 on the Stovebolt forum. Never got a reply. Every picture I could find online these trucks all seem to have replacement engines. Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84