Manifold question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohearchai

Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Pulling the manifold as it cracked no issues so far. Except for this black bracket that's connected to the power steering pump. How th heck does it come off.
You must be registered for see images attach

Ohearchai

Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Removed the bolt on the back of the alternator, there was nut on the back of the power steering pump I removed but the bolt is still in the way.
You must be registered for see images attach

Ohearchai

Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Is this bolt all the way thru the power steering pump, need to take outta from the front or at least give myself some room. Also the center bolt on the manifold on cylinder one, does it need to come off.
Thanks in advance

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
I would recommend removing items in reverse order they were installed. Meaning you will have to remove the items that are utilizing that bracket that is bolted on the front of the exhaust manifold. More work yes. But that is really the only way without mangling parts that don't need to be mangled.

Last edited:

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I would recommend removing items in reverse order they were installed. Meaning you will have to remove the items that are utilizing that bracket that is bolted on the front of the exhaust manifold. More work yes. But that is really the only way without mangling parts that don't need to be mangled.
Agree, unpeel the onion to repair correctly. It's something we do all day. Another way to justify the work is how much would a shop charge for the repair? Your lucky these older vehicles actually have access.

Ohearchai

Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Doubledingo and fast 99 I gotta agree, it's not attached to the alternator anymore, one nut off the back of the power steering pump but it still seems to be attached. But I don't know where.

Ohearchai

Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Ya the power steering pump is attached to the bracket with 2 nuts, , removed the pump as I am gonna replace it, (leaks). Whole lot came out as one unit, now to continue the saga.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lepak