Low Beams Don't Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darth Plasma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350/SM465
I took my 87 K10 out for a drive last night and guess what. Pulled the dimmer switch and only the parking lights come on. No low beams. But the high beams work fine (I do have a burnt out headlight, and they're all pretty weak so i gotta replace them anyways) So i had to drive around on high beams, but they're not very strong so it didn't really cause any harm. Anyone know why the low beams won't work? I'm thinking its a ground issue or maybe a fuse since the parking lights work. Or maybe you gotta twist the dimmer switch knob for them to come on and I'm just dumb enough to not realize that. Help is appreciated. Thanks!

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Are you sure the other low beam didn't burn out?

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Check the bulbs first, then check the grounds. My guess is you will find a bad or corroded ground, especially since you said the high beams are dim.

Darth Plasma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350/SM465
Check the bulbs first, then check the grounds. My guess is you will find a bad or corroded ground, especially since you said the high beams are dim.
I’m gonna go check the ground. My dad pointed out that my ground connections looked pretty bad so I’m gonna go check that out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes