LMC Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I agree with the crappy gaps from the factory. A little rework is one thing but damm, I had to open up all the holes in the core support. Had to modify the mounting area for the headlight covers and the side marker lights to secure them. My problem is doing all the paint work to the thin sheet metal and then have someone lean up against the truck and cause the metal to flex so much that it either cracks the paint or worse dents the fender.

I put a dent in the fender just tapping on it with the palm of my hand when moving the core support a little to tweak the hood gaps. The core support was loose and so were both fenders.

i'll go plunder around the local junk yard. id hate to be whoever leaned up on my truck and dented it

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Most aftermarket stuff like fenders doors etc no matter who sells them come from the same manufacture. My problem is not with LMC. I have gotten some good stuff from them. Comparing a factory door, fender, etc to the aftermarket stuff, the aftermarket is crap. My aftermarket fenders are GoodMark fenders at 240 each and they are still crap compared to OEM.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gmk-4144100731l?seid=srese1&gclid=CKXk5P-M7bwCFRJo7AodLgsADQ

100% correct.

Our trucks didn't even come from the factory "right" a lot of times when it comes to body panel alignment.

That's exactly the problem. If the original tolerances of the original quality sheetmetal is not the best, imagine the tolerances of the aftermarket stuff. I remember asking you a while ago how all your stuff fit together, your experience isn't very common. Usually, the more aftermarket parts you try to put together on the same truck, the worse things get. I think you are one lucky duck and were blessed with parts that just happened to match up OK.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I can't disagree with that. It's possible that I may have gotten a "good batch" or something because I did by my body panels at the same time :shrug: I would definitely agree that I seem to have had much better luck than a lot of others. I'm under no illusion that LMC is perfect or that aftermarket parts are the way to go if you can get OEM. :)

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Ordering at once I don't think had anything to do with it. I'd lean more towards a coincidence. Like it was the third blue moon on a friday when the temperature got above 57.6 and all the stars lined up with the flow of breeze coming from the north pole.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
:lol: apparently I shoulda played the lottery around that time too haha

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
:flipthebird: luck is never on my side.

I was going to order a bunch of small parts from LMC.. cancelled the order when shipping costs was 96 bucks on my 87 buck order plus duty costs to cross the border.. Now they keep spamming my email.. fuggers wont leave me alone. They can .... off . Back to the wreckers for me this coming week..

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I was going to order a bunch of small parts from LMC.. cancelled the order when shipping costs was 96 bucks on my 87 buck order plus duty costs to cross the border.. Now they keep spamming my email.. fuggers wont leave me alone. They can .... off . Back to the wreckers for me this coming week..

heard that. I might use them for small things, but not body parts. hopefully I can score everything I need plus a crew cab frame from the local salvage yards. if not i'll be on here looking

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454

...and that's another thing I don't have to worry about is shipping costs since they are local for me as is Classis Parts of America

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
...and that's another thing I don't have to worry about is shipping costs since they are local for me as is Classis Parts of America

yes, luck is definitely on your side

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

Maybe thats why you got good parts... They know your close enough to go postal in their office.. :chair:

chevyk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
1984 chevy
Truck Model
k-10
Engine Size
358 Dart block with aluminum heads 430hp/450ft-lb torque
If you look around you can find CAPA certified panels for your square body. My body man said that they were some of the best he had seen. I bought everything new. I could not get it all from the same place. It's been so long I can't remember. Sorry. LMC is not CAPA certified parts.

By the way the factory panels sucked for alignment and leaked air in several places. I hope I get a little better this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I don't believe the CAPA glorified stuff is available for our trucks anywhere. The quality is a bit better, usually stamped a little nicer and a little thicker steel. In most cases you can get them to fit pretty well, but there's still some here and there that I've had to return. About 50% of the time when one gets returned, the replacement will fit better. The other 50% end up with the insurance company buying an actual factory part that fits.

Oh, and if the CAPA stuff is available for our trucks, I doubt it's much nicer. I just can't see them re-tooling for an older vehicle that they hardly ever sell parts for.

chevyk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
1984 chevy
Truck Model
k-10
Engine Size
358 Dart block with aluminum heads 430hp/450ft-lb torque
I don't believe the CAPA glorified stuff is available for our trucks anywhere. The quality is a bit better, usually stamped a little nicer and a little thicker steel. In most cases you can get them to fit pretty well, but there's still some here and there that I've had to return. About 50% of the time when one gets returned, the replacement will fit better. The other 50% end up with the insurance company buying an actual factory part that fits.

Oh, and if the CAPA stuff is available for our trucks, I doubt it's much nicer. I just can't see them re-tooling for an older vehicle that they hardly ever sell parts for.

I just bought doors, fenders and inner fenders that were CAPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garcjay