LMC Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
has anyone here experimented with lmc parts? i'm looking at the fenders, doors, core support, bed side panels, and bed floor, as well as floor pans, rocker panels, and cab corners. I don't want anything flimsy and unsecure. any help would be greatly appreciated!

HAZZARDJOHN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
I experimented with LMC, but it was College and everybody was doing it...

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've bought several small things from them, but never body panels. Old77 might have...I can't remember...

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
LMC sheet metal?

My mother always told me: "If you don't have anything nice to say about someone - just don't say anything at all".

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
LMC sheet metal?

My mother always told me: "If you don't have anything nice to say about someone - just don't say anything at all".

I don't understand what you're hinting to...

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
I don't understand what you're hinting to...

Pretty sure he means he has nothing nice to say about LMC sheet metal....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I will say some bad stuff about LMC, they sell some of the cheapest ******** I have ever seen. My bad experiences outweigh good ones, I would never order a body panel after some of the stuff that showed up.

-The "Reproduction grill" for my 85 was around 300 bucks through LMC, I found pretty much the exact same thing for 30 bucks on Rockauto.

-Wing window rubbers I got through LMC lasted about a month before they started cracking and dry rotting, they actually look worse as of now than the ones I replaced that were almost 30 years old.

-Just recently I ordered a new coolant overflow bottle for my 90 and they showed a molded overflow hose coming out of the lid, I ordered the overflow hose as a kit and what I got was a piece of regular hose I could have spent 2 bucks on and a couple cheap hose clamps :dancingpoop:

The good stuff I got-

I ordered a oil pressure gauge for the 90 SS and it was an actual GM reproduction part, I most likely way over paid for it.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I had to get some sheet metal for my 80 Camaro, I went with Sherman Parts bought from Rock Auto, and I also went with factory-direct AMD fenders. I believe those two will be some of the best stuff you can get. In both cases I was thoroughly impressed with the quality and fit. I highly recommend AMD, although Sherman has a lot more available. Check them out!

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Most aftermarket sheet metal is thin crap and don't fit worth a ****. If you do order all the stuff above order it at one time and get the free shipping over the 1,000.00 order. If you don't the shipping will more than likely cost you more than the parts. For the fenders, doors and the bed stuff go a junk yard and find OEM parts. You can get away using the aftermarket patch panels.

I just drove 400 miles round trip to get a set of factory front fenders for my 74. I have aftermarket on it now and they suck in both thickness and fit.

Attachments

• Img_0468.jpg
    Img_0468.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 213

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
haha alright, crossing lmc truck off the list. rock auto has fenders, are they any good? what about classic industries? I ordered some floor pans for my 79 trans am from them and they dropped right in and after some welding and grinding looked like they were never replaced. and were pretty stout too. but that's just my experience on the trans am.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I know that some have had some negative experiences with LMC whether it be body panels, interior parts, ..... whatever the case may be. I know that my experience with them and the quality of their parts has been pretty good. Pretty much my entire front clip is LMC along with one door and I was pretty happy with it. Fitment was good for reproduction and remains to be good. :shrug: I'd get body panels from them again with no questions asked. I've helped buddies get panels for their trucks (s-10, gmt400,...), too, and they've all been happy and drive their trucks every day.

In the end, people are going to have good and bad experiences regardless of the place you buy from. Up to this point I've had nothing bad to say. I pretty much restored my entire interior from them (other than gauges and seats). the only issue I had was I wasn't happy with the carpet and they took it back on return with 0 questions asked. :shrug:

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Very true. With any aftermarket panel you need to expect a certain level of rework to get them where they need to be and even then they won't be exact some times. Our trucks didn't even come from the factory "right" a lot of times when it comes to body panel alignment.

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I agree with the crappy gaps from the factory. A little rework is one thing but damm, I had to open up all the holes in the core support. Had to modify the mounting area for the headlight covers and the side marker lights to secure them. My problem is doing all the paint work to the thin sheet metal and then have someone lean up against the truck and cause the metal to flex so much that it either cracks the paint or worse dents the fender.

I put a dent in the fender just tapping on it with the palm of my hand when moving the core support a little to tweak the hood gaps. The core support was loose and so were both fenders.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
^^^My experience wasn't anywhere near that bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewlcraft