LMC Truck 87 Chevy Dashpad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zacpalmer

Reaction score
First Name
Zachary
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I bought the OEM dashpad from LMC Truck approx $400 - I find it very difficult in getting it to sit properly and install. Is there a "trick" in getting this thing installed?

Thanks,

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
push harder....

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Use a heatgun - very carefully.

Low heat will give it a bit of flex to jam it in.

If you are brave try med-high heat. That will allow you to actually reshape it to fit better - and it should stay in that shape.

Always apply the heat to the underside. The top finish layer will melt in a heartbeat!

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Does it have a metal frame like the original GM dashpads?

zacpalmer

Reaction score
First Name
Zachary
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
That's the problem Stroked - they can pass it off as metal frame because it does have a metal frame - but CAUTION... Not ALL parts of the frame are metal like the original. It's basically an expensive piece of crap. The part that wasn't sitting well needed to be screwed down and unless I was willing to really jimmy rig it - it wasn't going to happen and would destroy the dash pad in a really bad place - right in front of me.

REALLY disappointed. They basically glue in a few metal clips and call it good. Garbage - I would NOT recommend buying this dash pad - especially considering the cost.

With that in mind - is there a dash pad out there that is an Metal frame just like the original?

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Anyone on here tried the one from Classic Parts? It's about the same price, but for some reason I can't explain, I think it's a nicer piece and the colors look very accurate.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That's the problem Stroked - they can pass it off as metal frame because it does have a metal frame - but CAUTION... Not ALL parts of the frame are metal like the original. It's basically an expensive piece of crap. The part that wasn't sitting well needed to be screwed down and unless I was willing to really jimmy rig it - it wasn't going to happen and would destroy the dash pad in a really bad place - right in front of me.

REALLY disappointed. They basically glue in a few metal clips and call it good. Garbage - I would NOT recommend buying this dash pad - especially considering the cost.

With that in mind - is there a dash pad out there that is an Metal frame just like the original?

Well that sucks to hear. :( I was excited to see an OEM style pad.

Can you still return yours?

1984dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
8.1L
Dash Pads

Bought one for my 1984 dually. Trimmed,cut,heated,pulled pushed, prodded,coaxed,beat on the top of the dash,pulled the speakers, called them and they sent another one free(customer service is great), IT DIDN'T FIT EITHER . Both are going back. Called several others places and the only place that makes them is dashes direct and sold thru dealers. LMC,Brothers,Tucker,and I would bet Classic Parts, among others all sell the same dash. With NOS ones going for 6 bills plus and 700 to redo a factory one at Just Dashes I am covering mine up with a Dash mat.

They are much thicker than the dash from my truck. Won't go between the side of the dash and the A piller without shoving it in. That would be ok but then the door rubber won't fit with out beating it in.

Enough ranting

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Man that **** is ****** up. Shame on you LMCTruck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweeter68