LMC Doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrUSA1

Reaction score
First Name
mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500
Engine Size
LMC sells two grades of door for the 77-87 truck. Anyone know what the difference is between them.

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Basically different grades of fit and finish to spec. Pretty common thing in aftermarket body parts. The cheaper "grade B" parts are acceptable but will require more work to make fit nicely and the more expensive grade A fit and finish with less effort.

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I purchase parts from LMC so I am not hating on them, but I'll post this for your information.
There are not the doors but their fenders. You can speed to the 2:35 mark where the owner of the truck mentions that he bought the "premium" fenders; thicker metal and a higher quality stamping. At the 7:19 mark you can see how poorly they match up at the windshield pillar/post. I suspect these are not LMC exclusive parts but mass produced and sent over from the Asian coast to numerous squarebody retailers.
I am sure for a lot of folks it is a "meh". Whether the fit and finish is acceptable to you is for you and your wallet to decide.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
In my experience, one of two things happens with aftermarket sheet metal

scenario one: It's stout, but needs extensive reshaping to match.

Scenario two: It fits perfectly, but dents it if you look at it wrong.

I'm sure there's instances of people getting perfect body panels, but at the end of the day it's luck of the draw.

Jeff Lewis

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Buy the Premium. Bend and shape door and adjust shims during mounting. Then mark shim positions and remove door and prime/paint.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Buy the premium and hope. Never saw an aftermarket body part for a US vehicle that didn't need work.

Will give you an example. Bought an aftermarket fender for a 74 GM truck. Pre fit took off and painted the inside as factory. Re-installed then tried to shut the hood. The pinch weld on the top seam split the length of the fender. Of course, they would give me a replacement, but I declined. Wasted material and time.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
LMC sells two grades of door for the 77-87 truck. Anyone know what the difference is between them.
look on craigslist for someone close to you that sells aftermarket body parts. I found one years ago. He is about 5-10% more than online prices, but delivers. Shipping on body parts is gonna kill ya.

Just a thought.

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
Here's some good reading:

If you ask nicely at the local auto body shop, they can get things like good used OEM wheels and used OEM and New CAPA parts shipped to their business for you...
Sometimes it's worth it, even if they charge a small fee for the service...
Body knockers can find body parts on their computer network which salvage yards will tell you they don't have...

Most likely cheaper than off loading at your house... They get semi-bed delivery, or lift gate, so it's cheaper than to your door residential.
Or you can have it sent LTL, directly to a trucking terminal and pick it up at the dock... takes a bit of negotiating.
You'll have to call LMC and request a quote to the dock, rather than have the price calculated to your door...

Some auto parts stores will cop a tude, if you ask them to drop off stuff they don't sell... or make a commission on ordering.
You can get thrown out of the store for asking, on a bad day...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub