Lights problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottthurrott

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I am currently rebuilding a 1979 short step 4x4 but am stuck on the gauges and light wiring. Everything worked before I took the harness out and put it back in a southern cab. As I said everything worked before as I was driving the truck. I unplugged every connection and ground never cut a single wite. Labeled every wire where it came off of and still I have no dash lights taillights headlights marker lights or courtesy light and my fuel gauge is not working. I have replaced the headlight and dimmer switch both taillights both headlights all marker bulbs and dash bulbs and the courtesy bulb.

All of my grounds are hooked up where they should be there is power at the fuse block but nothing coming to the switch unless I jump power from the battery to the switch temporarily then everything works.

Checked and replaced every fuse checked continuity of the power wire to the switch and it was good ....

PLEASE HELP

BR@NDON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Surburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Welcome aboard!

So are you saying there is power going into the fuse block, or power coming out of the fuse block and the wires headed to these lights are hot, or both? If you have power to the wires going to the lights I'm thinking inline fuse possibly.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
When you say everything works does that include the fuel guage?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EazyT