Let's entertain something for a moment...big block in a c10 + lifted/lowered hate lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
i prefer stock ride height or lifted slightly to even the stance out i don't care for the raked appearance.
i can't do lowered stuff since i am so large it makes it a pain in the ass to get in and out of and i can't work on them.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
You should feel gross. The LS is a great engine, but it has no business in a ******* square...

Big block or stay stock. Just sayin...
that was the joke.
i dont actually like LS swaps simply because its more of a meme than serious matter lol

so i agree with you. I want a big block ;(

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Just put a turbo on it. My recent swap to a 454 has had teething problems, alternator went out yesterday, need to swap in the 750 Holly, fuel pump seems weak, did not change the springs. I have a Borg Warner 465 turbo, thinking of going that route, relative cheap, (bought the rebuilt turbo for 350.00 complete,) need blow off and wastegate, and fuel injection would be nice.

rt66paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
paul
Truck Year
1991 suburban
Truck Model
Engine Size
My 79 Big Ten uses the Moog 6454 front coils, but it is a 350/350. But, that same part number is the only one that comes up for a C10 wit Fo fiddy fo, which coincidentally is also the same spring for a light 3/4 ton too.

C10's could be optioned with a 454 stock, and afaik, the only change for them was the springs themselves. Which in reality much lighter springs could be used. Plenty of big blocks in Camaros and even chevettes they seem to do fine on stock stuff.

I think if you check, Chevelles and Camaros had different springs up front for BBs. I can not imagine a Chevette using stock springs with a BB in it(or even a SBC).
I remember putting BB springs into Chevelles with SBCs in them for a stiffer suspension(and it worked well).

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
For sure Chevelle's has SBC and BBC springs. I watch Vice Grip Garage on YouTube and he recently got a Chevelle and did suspension and front steering and was talking about swapping springs cause the old were tired and we're SBC springs anyway and he was putting a BB in it

Ilike55s

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
305?
Well,,my story is ,,I've almost got my project finished. I replaced the anemic and very sick 305 in my 82 Silverado with a 454 and all new inside parts. I intended to install springs from a 3/4 ton but the trk sits level without any changes so, I'm gonna leave it as is for now. I'm just itchin to see how the seat feels when I punch it the first time or two,,,,Ha,,,!!
Before the 305 cratered, The steering had this loosness in the tilt and I pulled the column out of the trk to get to it easier. I followed a couple of YouTube videos and got the 4 screws tightened up good but NOW I cannot figure where this funky looking spring goes in the area of a black plastic cam that operates the steering wheel lock and the ignition switch down on the column tube,,,,,CHIT,,,!!!!
Anybody got acess to a pic of that funky looking spring and how it attaches and to what,,??
Many Thanks,,,

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
If I only have one square and use it like I do, it can’t be lowered. I regularly cross ditches and traverse uneven terrain working the truck on my property.

BUT... I’d love to have a nicely lowered 2wd hot rod pickup to cruise around the summer. However, since my wife is calling the next project and she doesn’t like lowered trucks, it isn’t happening too soon.

She’s after a 55 chevy, so I’ll take it either way. She wants this:
You must be registered for see images attach

But secretly I’m thinking this:
You must be registered for see images attach

Back to the thread. BB in a c10...why not?
It looks better low in that case

princeout

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
R3500
Engine Size
454 cu in
Well,,my story is ,,I've almost got my project finished. I replaced the anemic and very sick 305 in my 82 Silverado with a 454 and all new inside parts. I intended to install springs from a 3/4 ton but the trk sits level without any changes so, I'm gonna leave it as is for now. I'm just itchin to see how the seat feels when I punch it the first time or two,,,,Ha,,,!!
Before the 305 cratered, The steering had this loosness in the tilt and I pulled the column out of the trk to get to it easier. I followed a couple of YouTube videos and got the 4 screws tightened up good but NOW I cannot figure where this funky looking spring goes in the area of a black plastic cam that operates the steering wheel lock and the ignition switch down on the column tube,,,,,CHIT,,,!!!!
Anybody got acess to a pic of that funky looking spring and how it attaches and to what,,??
Many Thanks,,,

Got a picture of the spring?
Tim

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
I forgot this thread existed lmao

Btw guys ~ I have a big block c10 now :happy175:

Definitely isn't a blue sky pipe dream either :gr_grin:

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
And I'll probably lower it like a 2/4 , enough to still get under it if needed, but not slammed.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
And I'll probably lower it like a 2/4 , enough to still get under it if needed, but not slammed.
You don't own a jack?!? Go lower than you think you want to so you don't have to do it twice.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
You don't own a jack?!? Go lower than you think you want to so you don't have to do it twice.

The exhaust is already getting close to the ground lol

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
The exhaust is already getting close to the ground lol
That’s easy too. GM A-body headers and a Tejas Steel transmission crossmember. You can keep 3” exhaust completely above the bottom of the frame rails.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128