LEDs and electronic flashers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

76-77-78

Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Im looking to switch my tail lights and turn signals over to LEDs and was wondering where to get an electronic flasher to work with LEDs. And also if you guys had any LED replacement bulbs you like

Thank in advance

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I'm gonna be doing this mod soon and I decided to try this ebay flasher:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pin-Blad...var=521247018817&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

There are others but I like the availability of the screw adjuster.

As for LEDs I would go with a higher SMD (surface mount diode) number for better visibility. Thats worked for me on multiple vehicles. Also if you have a colored lense that you want to flash make sure that the LED behind it is of the same color. Amber lense = amber led, red lense = red led.

The more light emitting to the refracting surfaces the more light emission you'll get from your housings.

People like to buy to buy from superbrightleds, I havent had a problem buying cheapo from ebay based on SMD count. Longevity can and will vary based on your electrical system condition.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
I bought ebay specials for the leds, but they ended up flickering after a while. Plus the color isn't always the same if you get while. Some are a pure white where others would be closer to daylight.

For flashers, I purchased the wrong pinout one from superbrightleds. Would've worked great if i ordered the correct one. The rear bulbs i got for the tail/brake lights were actually dimmer than the halogens. The load caused by the standard bulbs in the rear was enough to keep from needing an electric flasher.

I also used switchback turn signals (white on, amber flash) which worked well, but it ended up with too much white in the front (headlights, turn signals, and my 5 hellas) so i switched back in the amber lenses and standard turn signal bulbs.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Im looking to switch my tail lights and turn signals over to LEDs and was wondering where to get an electronic flasher to work with LEDs. And also if you guys had any LED replacement bulbs you like

Thank in advance

Instead of replacing the incandescent bulbs in the tail lights, I wired up several led strip lights in series (12volt strip lights, white from ebay for $12 for a 5 ft roll). I tapped into the power feed from the incandescents. No need to replace the flasher at all since I did this. The front marker/turn signals were replaced with a single amber led..and again...no need to replace my flasher. Too often the led replacement bulbd end up going bad, losing one led at a time. I had that issue and came up with this as a solution. If you know how to solder and are patient, this is an option.

spenser21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
a
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I ended up having a half hour internet chat with someone at https://www.superbrightleds.com/ ... actually a very informative conversation for me, he set me up with turn signals and brake lights as well as the new relays to go with the bulbs and style truck I had

76-77-78

Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
I'm gonna be doing this mod soon and I decided to try this ebay flasher:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pin-Blade-CF12ANL-01-Adjustable-Electronic-Flasher-Relay-Fix-LED-Turn-Signal/222378194057?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=521247018817&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

There are others but I like the availability of the screw adjuster.

As for LEDs I would go with a higher SMD (surface mount diode) number for better visibility. Thats worked for me on multiple vehicles. Also if you have a colored lense that you want to flash make sure that the LED behind it is of the same color. Amber lense = amber led, red lense = red led.

The more light emitting to the refracting surfaces the more light emission you'll get from your housings.

People like to buy to buy from superbrightleds, I havent had a problem buying cheapo from ebay based on SMD count. Longevity can and will vary based on your electrical system condition.

Ok I was looking at superbrightleds but they are on the high side so I’ll probably go with eBay bulbs. and if they last awhile great if not I will probably save for the lmc truck led housing or just buy good quality replacement led bulbs. But I finally got my new pickup box put on so it’s accessory shopping time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76