LED headlight upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy and Easton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 LWB
Engine Size
What are the suggestions for the round headlights if you wanted the best LED’S Christmas is coming and Easton has been wanting to go LED for awhile. Inside the truck is all LED at this point, logical next step

Already Have the American Autowire relay‘s for the headlights and they really help.

Randy

Attachments

• IMG_0789.jpeg
    IMG_0789.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0797.jpeg
    IMG_0797.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0804.jpeg
    IMG_0804.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 28

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
What are the suggestions for the round headlights if you wanted the best LED’S Christmas is coming and Easton has been wanting to go LED for awhile. Inside the truck is all LED at this point, logical next step

Already Have the American Autowire relay‘s for the headlights and they really help.

Randy
Hella H4 housings with quality LED bulbs or Holley RetroBrights

Mignic

Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Most modern cars have LED lights. Every modern car I have been in the lights have been superior to the old cars with incandescent lights. I don't think any manufacture makes a car with incandescent lights today.
"Despite their energy efficiency, long lifespan, and bright illumination, LED headlight bulbs can also produce harsh lighting that can dazzle other drivers and pedestrians, making them illegal and dangerous to use on the road"

No most cars are not using leds by numbers. Nobody is saying we should go back to the old incandescents... I think alot of it has to do with the color that most put in. As soon as you lower the color to where it won't glare and work in fog, snow, dust etc, leds lose lumens substantially. I farm and have used all types and seen it all firsthand. Leds are so economical that the downsides are being ignored...

Personal opinion I realize but I think leds cheapen up the look of a classic vehicle.. Can get a quality bright bulb that will work very well...

Edit. Was looking at some of the above listed retro fits for c10s and they look stock at least when they're off. I guess I didn't know there was such a thing for c10's...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef