Leaf Spring Rebound Clips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
So my Jimmy is missing some rebound clips, the previous owner had used HOSE CLAMPS in their place!!! Yeah, you heard me right, one in the background of picture. Best place to get replacements? (non-modern style)

You must be registered for see images attach

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Off of old spring packs. Many of the new ones are just folded over steel... no bolts.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
So my Jimmy is missing some rebound clips, the previous owner had used HOSE CLAMPS in their place!!! Yeah, you heard me right, one in the background of picture. Best place to get replacements? (non-modern style)

I have old spring packs if you’d like me to look for some? Most are from squares. 3/4 tons. There’s some one ton spring stuffs I think too. Do they have size differences

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
I have old spring packs if you’d like me to look for some? Most are from squares. 3/4 tons. There’s some one ton spring stuffs I think too. Do they have size differences

that's the question. i believe they aren't? i think the main thing is 2" width for leaf width

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Powerhouse Ranch,

Besides the width which is mostly a 2", it's the spring pack, how many? Because the bolt can't be flopping on top of the pack, it's got to sit right on top of the top spring, or it'll slip. I did a partial look at Speedway Motors, Classic Industries, even J.C. Whitney and Ebay to. I've really not seen them very often. A lot of people need to replace the ones they've got because the bolt and sleeve is messed up, worn so bad the whole clip is loose and rattling, and they need to replace them themselves. But I'll tell you what, a lot of times you'd be surprised, the GMC dealer may have them. Check and see if you local GMC dealer has them, and you might also be surprised, they might be cheaper than you think.

I don't know how much new stuff I bought for my C10 when I was rebuilding it, my local Chevy dealer had most body parts cheap. They had the whole front clip, hood and all for really a cheap price. The reason I didn't get the whole truck from them is they stopped making some of the body parts, like the bed floor. Otherwise I would have bought the entire truck from them...new. Wouldn't that have been cool!!

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
@Powerhouse Ranch,

Besides the width which is mostly a 2", it's the spring pack, how many? Because the bolt can't be flopping on top of the pack, it's got to sit right on top of the top spring, or it'll slip. I did a partial look at Speedway Motors, Classic Industries, even J.C. Whitney and Ebay to. I've really not seen them very often. A lot of people need to replace the ones they've got because the bolt and sleeve is messed up, worn so bad the whole clip is loose and rattling, and they need to replace them themselves. But I'll tell you what, a lot of times you'd be surprised, the GMC dealer may have them. Check and see if you local GMC dealer has them, and you might also be surprised, they might be cheaper than you think.

I don't know how much new stuff I bought for my C10 when I was rebuilding it, my local Chevy dealer had most body parts cheap. They had the whole front clip, hood and all for really a cheap price. The reason I didn't get the whole truck from them is they stopped making some of the body parts, like the bed floor. Otherwise I would have bought the entire truck from them...new. Wouldn't that have been cool!!

that's like a dream come true. honestly if i ever became a billionaire, i'd buy the rights/blueprints for Squares and start manufacturing them again. Probably be the best thing that could ever happen, but that's just me

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Powerhouse Ranch,

Heck, just make stuff like we have all been looking for forever. That would be enough. Yeah, there's LMC but even they don't have stuff like what I spent a month searching the internet for, ordering the parts that didn't fit, and then finally got in touch with the guy who owned a big parts company and he said GM never released the rights to make them aftermarket. Screw that, buy the rights to manufacture and start churning them out! Make a fortune.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Powerhouse Ranch,

That's like the leaf spring clips, I bet they're not out there. I'm smelling a long fruitless journey already. People end up having to make them themselves, heck, all you'd need is what looks like some 3/16" thick bar stock, measure it out, put the bar in a vice, heat it up, bend it over in 2" sections, drill a couple of holes and go to Lowe's buy a bolt and they do have sleeve material over in the specialty hardware section, and if not go over to the metals section where they have the angle iron, round stock, and all thread, and find you some tubing the size of the bolt and you've made your own! Screw it!

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
@Powerhouse Ranch,

That's like the leaf spring clips, I bet they're not out there. I'm smelling a long fruitless journey already. People end up having to make them themselves, heck, all you'd need is what looks like some 3/16" thick bar stock, measure it out, put the bar in a vice, heat it up, bend it over in 2" sections, drill a couple of holes and go to Lowe's buy a bolt and they do have sleeve material over in the specialty hardware section, and if not go over to the metals section where they have the angle iron, round stock, and all thread, and find you some tubing the size of the bolt and you've made your own! Screw it!

or go with the new style and bite the bullet. hard to say what i'll want to do

sirweesarunch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
that's like a dream come true. honestly if i ever became a billionaire, i'd buy the rights/blueprints for Squares and start manufacturing them again. Probably be the best thing that could ever happen, but that's just me

Mexican built Dina’s. Square bodies with INternational Harvester engines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350

Mexican built Dina’s. Square bodies with INternational Harvester engines

dude why i haven't i heard of this yet? i like to think i've heard of all the Square varieties. . . like i know the GMC Wrangler (the canadian edition) and i heard of the Mexican version (cheyenne variation i think) with the special tailights, but so do the Dinas, or was it a Dina all along? If there is a wiki or something explaining these Dinas in depth, please link me to it

sirweesarunch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
dude why i haven't i heard of this yet? i like to think i've heard of all the Square varieties. . . like i know the GMC Wrangler (the canadian edition) and i heard of the Mexican version (cheyenne variation i think) with the special tailights, but so do the Dinas, or was it a Dina all along? If there is a wiki or something explaining these Dinas in depth, please link me to it
Its hard to find any info on Dina’s on the internet. I have a buddy in Guadalajara whom i visited back in 1991 and they had one as a shop truck. The rear tail gate and lights are more like a 67’ the rest is pure squarebody. All the guages are in spanish. The motor is straight six AMC type motor or typical to a jeep. 3 speed manual tranny. 1/2 ton short bed. Cool little trucks. There are larger flatbed models and some are rumored to be sporting Perkins diesels. I’ll keep digging for info.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
So I looked around. I have lots of those clips attached to spring packs they all appear likely to be 2 inch wide. I saw some on front springs rear springs broken springs etc. most are rusty.
Did you need any? What exactly is their purpose? How do you know what thickness it needs to be

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
So I looked around. I have lots of those clips attached to spring packs they all appear likely to be 2 inch wide. I saw some on front springs rear springs broken springs etc. most are rusty.
Did you need any? What exactly is their purpose? How do you know what thickness it needs to be

you see that's the thing. i currently have just one on the driver side front, the rest fell off when the po had it and he put hose clamps on them instead! I don't know much about them besides they probably hold the leaves together better, but how many should i have? Depend on age or how much weight i have or is it like two per spring? what do you know about them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
referrich