Kick down switch for TH400 location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustJohn

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Putting an 85 C10 back together that has a TH400. I was originally going to install a switch on the throttle linkage but someone on another forum pointed out that there was a provision to mount it in the cab with the gas pedal linkage.

Can anyone point me to where I can find a switch for this?

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
They are available from autozone/advance auto/Napa, and countless other venders. They were used on GM cars with the 400 trans starting in the late 60s, and were used on trucks either with the 400 trans or used to control A/C compressor function on trucks with the 700 trans.

It mounts on the bracket for the throttle pedal under the dash. Even if the 400 is long gone, take a look before ordering a replacement. You might be pleasantly surprised that it’s still there.

sirweesarunch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

I swapped a T-400 into this truck from a Sm 430. With a Hurst floor shifter. I put an 8 ball billiard ball on the shifter . I drilled a hole in the 8 ball and inserted a doorbell button in it you couldnt even see it was there. Then i wired it to the tranny kick down circuit so when I wanted to pass someone up I just pressed the button and floored it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynhigh88