K10 to C20 frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Preeetty sure everyone is responding on their phone.
Also pretty sure I use punctuation in a text message.
Don’t want someone I know personally to think I’m illiterate.
But that’s your life choice. Eating Doritos, rubbing your chicken, and using the phone without punctuation at the same time sounds pretty damned nasty to me. But you do you boo.

Or for your pleasure

Preeetty sure everyone is responding on their phone Also pretty sure I use punctuation in a text message Dont want someone I know personally to think Im illiterate But thats your life choice Eating Doritos rubbing your chicken and using the phone without punctuation at the same time sounds pretty damned nasty to me But you do you boo
I agree with this almost 100%, except the fact that I have never used an internet forum on a telephone before. But yes, even when I text people I am sure to use capital letters, proper punctuation, and grammar.

I do secretly judge people who text me all like "hey bro wat u doin 2marro i got sum stuff goin on but im free after like 2 hit me up if you wanna do sumthin oh also yea i forgot to tell u i bout that truck i was tellin u about the other day maybe u can come see it thursday friday somethin like that thank's for the advise i knew i could count on u since your the one whos had a few of them b4"

I seriously reconsider maintaining contact with illiterate people, regardless of if it is caused by laziness or stupidity. Either one is a no-go for me.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I agree with this almost 100%, except the fact that I have never used an internet forum on a telephone before. But yes, even when I text people I am sure to use capital letters, proper punctuation, and grammar.

I do secretly judge people who text me all like "hey bro wat u doin 2marro i got sum stuff goin on but im free after like 2 hit me up if you wanna do sumthin oh also yea i forgot to tell u i bout that truck i was tellin u about the other day maybe u can come see it thursday friday somethin like that thank's for the advise i knew i could count on u since your the one whos had a few of them b4"

I seriously reconsider maintaining contact with illiterate people, regardless of if it is caused by laziness or stupidity. Either one is a no-go for me.

That faux quote was so bad that I couldn’t finish reading it.
But I hear you lol.
I got a buddy who texts like that, he thinks I randomly stop texting people but really I get exhausted trying to decipher his messages!!

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I've never texted, or answered one.
Have had people ask me why I didn't answer their texts. So I tell them, you've got a phone and I have a phone, and I would've answered it. Since we both have phones, why would I want to respond to a poorly written shorthand letter.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I've never texted, or answered one.
Have had people ask me why I didn't answer their texts. So I tell them, you've got a phone and I have a phone, and I would've answered it. Since we both have phones, why would I want to respond to a poorly written shorthand letter.
That's gotta be the funniest thing I've read in a while....
At what point do you consider yourself hypocritical using one 21st century technology item and complaining about another one in the same breath?

I will admit, I didnt text much back in the flip phone era. It's all about convenience and typing words on a 10key is not convenient or efficient. But that was over 10 years ago.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
At what point do you consider yourself hypocritical using one 21st century technology item and complaining about another one in the same breath?

I will admit, I didnt text much back in the flip phone era. It's all about convenience and typing words on a 10key is not convenient or efficient. But that was over 10 years ago.
If that's the funniest thing you've read in a while, you must not have read much.

There's nothing hypocritical about it.
Why would I want to write letters over the phone when I can have an audible conversation, complete with voice inflections and emotion without having to use some stupid smiley face?
Also, to me it's much more convenient to speak than to type.

If I was into 21st century technology, I probably wouldn't drive an 80s truck and a 60s Chevelle SS, to not be, as you say, a hypocrite. Plus, the internet is 20th century technology.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If that's the funniest thing you've read in a while, you must not have read much.

Why would I want to write letters over the phone when I can have an audible conversation, complete with voice inflections and emotion without having to use some stupid smiley face?

If I was into 21st century technology, I probably wouldn't drive an 80s truck and a 60s Chevelle SS, to not be, as you say, a hypocrite. Plus, the internet is 20th century technology.
Then you're using a computer that was built before the year 2000 as well? LOL
No email, I mean you have a phone, right?
Don't order stuff online...warm up the ole squarebody and driver to the big city to search for something that isn't stocked on store shelves anymore...

Maybe I'm just jealous that someone has enough time on their hands as well as everyone they encounter on a daily basis both personally and professionally that the ole telephone is still considered the most efficient means of communication and that there's no need or place for texting.

No, actually, you're just trying to make a point that you're insufferable regarding texting. 'Cause I don't even know any senior citizens that don't text.

I mean, I have a couple old vehicles too. 1986 and 1974 models. Both run, both are fun to drive in their own right, but if I'm driving any distance, I'm not a glutton for punishment and I choose a vehicle that was built in this century.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Then you're using a computer that was built before the year 2000 as well? LOL
No email, I mean you have a phone, right?
Don't order stuff online...warm up the ole squarebody and driver to the big city to search for something that isn't stocked on store shelves anymore...

Maybe I'm just jealous that someone has enough time on their hands as well as everyone they encounter on a daily basis both personally and professionally that the ole telephone is still considered the most efficient means of communication and that there's no need or place for texting.

No, actually, you're just trying to make a point that you're insufferable regarding texting. 'Cause I don't even know any senior citizens that don't text.

I mean, I have a couple old vehicles too. 1986 and 1974 models. Both run, both are fun to drive in their own right, but if I'm driving any distance, I'm not a glutton for punishment and I choose a vehicle that was built in this century.
That's a lot of assumptions on your part.

I really don't understand why what I do bothers you so much.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI

I find it more convenient to text on a flip phone than an inaccurate touch screen with a zillion little places to tap in the attempt to make a full keyboard, but no actual keys. T9 has been around since long before smart phones existed, by at least 5 or 6 years. I have 10 buttons I need to hit, and I can feel them in the dark (and can actually safely text while driving because I never have to take my eyes off the road, just leave the thing in my lap and feel around with my thumb). And for those of you willfully ignorant smartphone users that like to forget where you came from, no T9 does NOT mean you have to hit every button 3 times or whatever, it is predictive. It uses an algorithm that puts together common combinations of letters, if you're typing a 5 letter word you press 5 buttons and it's pretty good at figuring out which words you want. If you try to type "TRUCK" you hit 87825. It knows you either want the word "truck" or "usual" because obviously you wouldn't try to type the word "TPTAJ". If it suggests "usual" instead of "truck" hit the * button and boom now the right word comes up next. No autocorrect or any of that nonsense to get in the way. SOO much faster, easier, and less stressful. Why do you think stenographers don't have a full keyboard? It's more efficient with less keys... Plus if anything is that detailed that I need a full keyboard to write out a huge conversation through text, an actual phone call is the quickest and most accurate way to express what we're talking about. Most people in the world do not have autism, it should not be such a difficult task to simply pick up a phone and speak to another human being. Remember the old ads "long distance calling, the next best thing to actually being there" or some sh!t like that? Yeah in a perfect world we could all talk to each other's faces one on one, but if we can't then calling is best. If text MUST happen then it should be detailed and to the point. And 10 keys is far less than a full keyboard, which is simpler, and that means more convenient by default. No arguing with correct logic. lol

Could not have said this any better if I wrote it myself. I use that argument with people all the time and they don't get it. A real conversation you can hear has tone of voice, sarcasm, that type of stuff, none of which is achievable through text unless you use the dumb little smiley faces and half the time I can't even figure out what the hell they mean...

Last edited:

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
stupid double post is stupid.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That's a lot of assumptions on your part.

I really don't understand why what I do bothers you so much.
You’re right. And I was being a Dick. I apologize.
Apparently I need to keep my mouth shut when I’m having a bad day, because I just read what I wrote and it was rude.
Apologies again.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Apparently I need to keep my mouth shut when I’m having a bad day, because I just read what I wrote and it was rude.
Apologies again.
No apologies necessary. It was all in good fun.
If I ever run into you, I'll still buy you a beer.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Apologies again.

All of us have days like that :)