Just a little off the top :-)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stormin

Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Being a newb to this site and Square Bodies in general I thought I would show you a pic or two of a long neglected chopped crew cab from the eighties. Cab was chopped 4 inches (windshield leaned back),rear doors welded up,and front doors stretched 10 inches. Cab was chopped in 82 and put on a couple of pallets and stored on a rack until about 4 years ago. It was rescued then and now we finally found a frame that we want to modify to put it on.It was originally intended for a long bed dually setup but times and ideas have changed. Current plan is for a slight wheel base stretch of a Suburban chassis with a definite lowering due also.Not sure on the front clip yet,leaning towards a 91 Suburban clip. Bed will be....SHORT ! :) I haven't found any chopped trucks on the site? Maybe it's my search abilities? Anywho....input will be invaluable on this task. Thanks,Norm. :)

Attachments

• Home again jpg..jpg
    Home again jpg..jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Body meets frame.jpg
    Body meets frame.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 119
  • rear view.jpg
    rear view.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
That is awesome! Are you going back with modded vent windows or a one piece glass for the front door glass. Mine is not chopped but I've been leaning on a one piece door glass setup so I can get rid if the gun wrappers and washers wedged behind the vent window latch to keep it from leaking.

Stormin

Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Plan is for one piece. At this point it's more about getting the chassis lowered, fenders on it, and bed made. Oh, and wheels too. Probably 20s. Rear frame and suspension will be a little different than normal. I will try to document the install. :)

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
That is seriously cool! Looking forward to your build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade