ISO Functional Factory Stereo For 1987 R10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
As title suggests, I'm looking for a factory stereo for my truck. The PO installed an el-cheapo aftermarket stereo which is now missing its face when the truck was stolen.

Looking for as cheap as possible. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Grumpy Grizzly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 1500
Engine Size
Have you looked at LMC Truck? they have factory radios as well as retro style moderns. Not bad on price either.

quaddriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy R2500
Engine Size
The big one
IIRC the LMC are factory looking, but kinda junk inside. the factory stereos can be had for generally $1 at any flea market or auction etc. The thing is, audio wise - meh. poor features, poor layout, very poor frequency response. BUT, dunno where GM built them but you can freeze them, bake them, get em wet and they still work.

I just sent my 90's R2500 amfmcass (which would be a dead on replacement for yours) and the 4x10 inch speakers to GA for $5 plus shipping, so that shows you the viable market.

Im sure people here have some in the garage, but if you have no luck I will put this on my to do list - I run across them all the time in my biz (as part of our antique biz I collect, fix, repair audio equipment)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko