Is the "body shop" tryna rob me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
What's really bad is, I bought that Burb in '06 and other than one tiny little rust bubble behind the LR wheel, the damn thing had no rust to be found anywhere. It was focking solid as could be, factory paint on the whole frame and everything. It had come up from Texas about a year before I got it. Ohio killed it in just a decade.

And yet you stay.

Better yet, why does the title of this thread say "tryna"?

Last edited:

Timbo

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 swb
Engine Size
You get what you pay for when it comes to paint 100% I think your best bet would be to put the truck back together or at least get it running and driving and take it in to a few body shops and talk it over with them and see your options. I just purchased one gallon of paint and it cost me 1,200 it’s not cheap

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
What's really bad is, I bought that Burb in '06 and other than one tiny little rust bubble behind the LR wheel, the damn thing had no rust to be found anywhere. It was focking solid as could be, factory paint on the whole frame and everything. It had come up from Texas about a year before I got it. Ohio killed it in just a decade.
:(

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
cuz that's how the kids speak these days....
You tryna get dis **** done?
Naw Bruh, I'm tryna find prices

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454

deve05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
305 C.I.
Its funny because I actually do not speak in that manner and actually quite abhor it. My cousin is 3 years younger than I am and he started using that "bruh" word.

I especially hated it when he said it to me because I felt like he was calling me "bra". I told him I wasn't a damn victoria secret product. I type like that trying to sound a bit friendlier and casual. However, its alright I got thick skin and I'm not gonna let a bunch of pe sufferin' old bastards such as y'all to work me up. Lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Doc_Ellis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500 shortbed
Engine Size
Reminded me of one of the boards I used to go on years ago; a new member used “trina” in their post. It was enough to get a few white knights swooping in to come to her assistance, presumably in hopes of becoming “Trina’s” new e-boyfriend.
Trina had to explain that she was a he, and trina=trying to, surely dashing the hopes and dreams of several lonely gentlemen.
Trina posted a few days later that he had wrecked his car in someone’s front yard (even providing pics as I recall). He was flamed to a crisp and never heard from again.

I love the internet

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Its funny because I actually do not speak in that manner and actually quite abhor it. My cousin is 3 years younger than I am and he started using that "bruh" word.

I especially hated it when he said it to me because I felt like he was calling me "bra". I told him I wasn't a damn victoria secret product. I type like that trying to sound a bit friendlier and casual. However, its alright I got thick skin and I'm not gonna let a bunch of pe sufferin' old bastards such as y'all to work me up. Lol

You watch who you talk to like that you rootin' tootin' sumbish!!!! :mad: You ain't too big to turn you over @Big Chip's knee and tan your backside, whipper snapper

:rofl:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Reminded me of one of the boards I used to go on years ago; a new member used “trina” in their post. It was enough to get a few white knights swooping in to come to her assistance, presumably in hopes of becoming “Trina’s” new e-boyfriend.
Trina had to explain that she was a he, and trina=trying to, surely dashing the hopes and dreams of several lonely gentlemen.
Trina posted a few days later that he had wrecked his car in someone’s front yard (even providing pics as I recall). He was flamed to a crisp and never heard from again.

I love the internet
:roflbow:

deve05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
305 C.I.
You watch who you talk to like that you rootin' tootin' sumbish!!!! :mad: You ain't too big to turn you over @Big Chip's knee and tan your backside, whipper snapper

:rofl:
You what's nice about being young? You can run. Something all of you old folks probably only do in black and white pictures! Lmao

So how do you plan to put me over some other old dudes knees(which I wouldn't btw, they might be fragile) to give me a "tan"? Lol

deve05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
305 C.I.

I love the internet
That right there is some funny ****...

kenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
1977, 1978
Truck Model
c10, k10
Engine Size
Honestly, the prices you state along with the work you want done accompanied by the pics the price sounds spot on and don’t be surprised if it ends up being a little higher.

My suggestion to you is no time like the present to start learning how to do the work yourself to save some coin. Paint and bodywork is not cheap and is not a short process either so hours are long which equals money

not to mention paint ppg shopline (cheapest paint they make) is 175 a gallon

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502

It's OK. I don't say Bruh either. It's quite annoying to me

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size

I love the internet

Similar to this
https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/96-jeep-cherokee-need-opinions-1149721/#post10736215

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheify