Irish's pickup from hell, the 454SS.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Those are Purdy! Dijya feel how smooth that throttle action is? One thing, that 3/16 hex may prove to be even more of a cast iron bitch to get into the AFPR, so dial in the fuel pressure you want before she warms up all the way....it should be around 10 psi or so now. I had an allen key cut down with a thumb wheel on it for when I had it on the burb, but I think its up north in the center console. I put some crazy glue on the tip to hold it into the regulator until I got the pressure I wanted, then just yanked it out when I was done(queue jokes)

Rollin_Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Those are some nice valve covers. What brand and where did you get them?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
If it runs as good as it is purdy, that bitch is gonna be a hell raiser. I like those cheap covers too. Some people don't but I think they're cool as hell.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That is about the purdiest enjun I ever did see. I like them covers. I wonder if they makeum for the TBI headed Chevys.
Nice job.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Ive been watching a centerbolt set to put on vortecs when i get them.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Those are Purdy! Dijya feel how smooth that throttle action is? One thing, that 3/16 hex may prove to be even more of a cast iron bitch to get into the AFPR, so dial in the fuel pressure you want before she warms up all the way....it should be around 10 psi or so now. I had an allen key cut down with a thumb wheel on it for when I had it on the burb, but I think its up north in the center console. I put some crazy glue on the tip to hold it into the regulator until I got the pressure I wanted, then just yanked it out when I was done(queue jokes)

Man I cant wait to get this throttle body action unit bolted on and spraying gasoline! Not only is the throttle smooth but the springs and other hardware look brand new, is that the same spring and random parts I sent? I will need further explanation on the tuning of gas pressures, thats down the road though.

Those are some nice valve covers. What brand and where did you get them?
Skip white performance on Ebay, they are no name brand.

If it runs as good as it is purdy, that bitch is gonna be a hell raiser. I like those cheap covers too. Some people don't but I think they're cool as hell.

Its looking to purdy at this point, I hate shiny stuff but the massive aluminum valve covers look to good to change at this point.

I wish it would run as good as it looks, I predict its going to have an incredible amount of torque and really run out of breath at higher rpms. Should be enough fun for the mean time, it will roast some tires.

The valve covers blew my mind when they showed up, I was expecting something horrible for 67 dollars. I figured they would be warped all to ****, not fit right, have gaps or something. None of that is the case, they are absolutely perfectly fabricated hand welded, beautiful and cheap somehow.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Update on the truck:

I decided to drop the engine in before its finished because I need motivation to finish it. All I lack is pushrods and that is turning out to be such a pain in the ass, I have already ordered two wrong sized pushrod checkers trying to be cheap and am now learning I need to order another lifter to epoxy the **** out of and make my own dummy lifter. My wife is bitching about it not being done, im tired of looking at it and have spent enough time in the shed with my big block so its time to go in the truck.

Old engine is being held in with nothing but the two bolts that go through the motor mounts. Everything is ready to come out but I cant seem to get an engine hoist. I have friends that have them but they are all loaned out, I have a guys number a friend gave me who would loan me his but I dont have a pickup to get it, this is getting frustrating.

So far my best solution is driving 4 hours to Tuscon, buying one from harbor freight and trying to figure out a way to haul it in a tiny ass little Fiat.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Man I cant wait to get this throttle body action unit bolted on and spraying gasoline! Not only is the throttle smooth but the springs and other hardware look brand new, is that the same spring and random parts I sent? I will need further explanation on the tuning of gas pressures, thats down the road though.

Skip white performance on Ebay, they are no name brand.

Its looking to purdy at this point, I hate shiny stuff but the massive aluminum valve covers look to good to change at this point.

I wish it would run as good as it looks, I predict its going to have an incredible amount of torque and really run out of breath at higher rpms. Should be enough fun for the mean time, it will roast some tires.

The valve covers blew my mind when they showed up, I was expecting something horrible for 67 dollars. I figured they would be warped all to ****, not fit right, have gaps or something. None of that is the case, they are absolutely perfectly fabricated hand welded, beautiful and cheap somehow.

It's called, Made in China probably by a skilled 12 year old making a $1 a day.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
It's called, Made in China probably by a skilled 12 year old making a $1 a day.

Well than those Chinese kids can '****** weld. I think its some guy with a tig welder and a metal brake, my father in law noticed they are most likely welded by 2 different guys because the welds are different, both are good but not the same. I think its some guy and a buddy building valve covers on the side and making a killing off 10 bucks worth of aluminum sheet.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
So far my best solution is driving 4 hours to Tuscon, buying one from harbor freight and trying to figure out a way to haul it in a tiny ass little Fiat.

OK, here is the solution.
While at harbor freight, buy a hitch for the Fiat, then, assemble the hoist, hitch it to the fiat and towit home.

:evillol::dogpile::Caffeine:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well than those Chinese kids can '****** weld. I think its some guy with a tig welder and a metal brake, my father in law noticed they are most likely welded by 2 different guys because the welds are different, both are good but not the same. I think its some guy and a buddy building valve covers on the side and making a killing off 10 bucks worth of aluminum sheet.

Could be but I doubt it buddy. Alot of Skip White's stuff is Pro Form Made in China stuff. I don't have a problem with that if it's decent quality. Those cheap $50 HEI Dizzies are from China. I've got 2 and have worked just fine. You can beat them for a stocker to mild when they come complete and new. Hell, a damn cap and rotor with brass tips is damn near $40 these days. Heavier plastic than these China ones but so long as the contacts and good, they'll work good.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
OK, here is the solution.
While at harbor freight, buy a hitch for the Fiat, then, assemble the hoist, hitch it to the fiat and towit home.

:evillol::dogpile::Caffeine:

Your a funny guy. Im thinking about just folding down the passenger seat and making my wife stay home. If its too long I will just let it hang out of the back and bunjee cord the rear hatch closed.

I am getting desperate here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
504SquareBody