Interior swaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Anybody ever find pics of newer model interiors swapped in?

Ive found some of a OBS dash swapped in.
I've heard the 99-06 dashes are about the same length but haven't seen any pics one swapped in.

You must be registered for see images attach

greencountry05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Skinny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Hmm, not sure if I like that or not but it's definitely interesting. I'll see what else I can find...

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
All that work to swap in a totally new dash and they couldn't find a better steering wheel to put with it? LOL I like that OBS swap a whole lot! On an AC cab the better vent set-up would make a huge difference I imagine.

belowaveragecustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 short bed 2wd
Engine Size
i like the look of that interior but i think it would be a little better if they used a dash that didnt have the passenger air bag. looks good tho

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
eehh I don't like the newer dashes I like the old ones. I don't even like the new ones in the new trucks. it is different but not sure why ppl would go thru the time and trouble, I think they are ugly, very curvy and the older trucks aint curvy anywhere really. I guess I'm just old school.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I'm keeping the original dash with a factory tach/gauges, but i am going with a factory CD player from an Olds Cutlass; headlight switch from a 1996-00; 1995-97 Olds Cutlass electronic climate control; automatic locks and if I can get all the parts, a 1998 Monte Carlo steering wheel (with functioning airbag) and steering wheel controls, rain sensing wipers, VATS system, and need to figure out a place to mount the extra warning lights. I'm think about modifying the warning light panel from a C50 to fit a C10 cluster bezel. Or maybe I can modify the place where the clock goes for the warning light setup from a late model Buick Riviera.

Yes, I'm crazy.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I think I like that late 90's Dash if that really is a SB. I know for a fact, I like the seat better. I think I'll agree though, the 95 or 96 wo the passenger side air bag would have been better. But hey, you get what you can get when you are doing these type of mods for the best price. I know for the 97 and 98 Dash, the 1 tons still didn't have the passenger side airbag, so there is a factory dash pocket that fits into that hole for the Airbag delete. At least then it might serve as some type of function. Still even the way it is, No doubt, I'd own it.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Forgot to mention I am going to do adjustable pedals as well. Haven't decided if I will go the easy way and try to adapt an electric set from a newer truck or the hard way and find a manual set from a 1970s Pontiac that should be almost a bolt in.

KC7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
k3500
Engine Size
6.5l twin turbo
check out my build i am doing this dash swap

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
eehh I don't like the newer dashes I like the old ones. I don't even like the new ones in the new trucks. it is different but not sure why ppl would go thru the time and trouble, I think they are ugly, very curvy and the older trucks aint curvy anywhere really. I guess I'm just old school.

Im on the same page as you! I think that dash looks like somebody threw up on a square! :whymewhyme:

Im looking to put the 73-80 dash into my 84

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chad112507