Interio Pant?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cameron84K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hey yall, Ive been wanting to change my interior from grey to blue in my K10 and was thinking about buying "Color Bond" from LMC but is that color blue the same as the OEM blue interior? If not what company makes the OEM blue interior color? SEM? Also is there a light blue and dark blue interior? If so my SPID label says i had "Blue Vinyl" or something along those lines, so that means my truck originally came with a blue interior right?

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
From my personal experience SEM will be the closest oem match for interior paint. A few light coats will help you get a better coating, then a heavy single coat. SEM also works great for interior plastics as well. Just be sure to prep surfaces with rubbing or denatured alcohol first to gret any grease, oil and other contaminants off the surface.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
both are suposed to match interior colors exactly, as for dark and light blue not sure, most likely they do have both.

I'd say sem might be a tad cheaper and if you can find an auto body supply store near you, you can get it local.

I use duplicolor and krylon fusion both way cheaper and work great, but color selection sucks.

I also don't mess with TSP, dish soap, or their prep stuff, or even alchol. I buy grease and wax remover from the body shop supply it costs like $8 a quart and will go a long ways. It's what you use to clean the vehicle before paint, and it works great on interiors to remove armor all and any other crap. I can usually get by wiping it off only once, but I I know the part has alot of armor all on it, hand grease/body soil or just looks like it, I'll do it a couple times.

I've done plenty of interior color changes, some complete some partial using this method. I did an entire monte carlo ss everything inside, did my old mans dash cap with sem in his 84, it matches nicely, just finished my wifes caravan went from navy blue to black. I did my 88 k1500 my 86 camaro. The only issues I ever had was cloth seats, had some grey ones and went to black after a month or so of daily driving it faded/rubbed back down to grey, I just hit it again when it got that way.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
From my personal experience SEM will be the closest oem match for interior paint. A few light coats will help you get a better coating, then a heavy single coat. SEM also works great for interior plastics as well. Just be sure to prep surfaces with rubbing or denatured alcohol first to gret any grease, oil and other contaminants off the surface.

SEM has worked the best for me also.

Cameron84K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks y'all for all your input

Forum statistics