Installation of LED side markers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
So I ordered, and anxiously awaited, the delivery of my LED side marker lights. When I received them, there are NO instructions. I called Dynacorn and they have no instructions. I contact CARID and was told "it is plug and play". Does THIS look like plug and play??????? In my experience, "plug and play" is when you take something out of the package and plug it right in. No connection other than that needed. I have contacted their customer service (supposed technical support) twice and was told this. I was told not to cut any wires and splice together. What is the brown piece for? What is the heat shrink butt connector for? I understand the ground (or assume it is a ground - no directions). THEN, I have to send via email a picture "of the problem" and my VIN to make sure it is for my truck?!?! The tag even says it covers my truck as does their website and I am more than certain I know the make model and year of my truck and order appropriate parts. Also ask them about the wiring. It comes with red & black. My truck is black and blue. So, black to black? Never received a clear answer.

Love the lights, hope they work, but Customer service has been a little on the snotty side.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I like how at the top it states 73-91, and on the sticker it states 73-80. I would tell Carid to refund my money...it is not plug and play like stated. Than call the BBB and report it. Don't just let these companies take your money. Don't take it to a shop, just to spend more of your money. I would be such a pain in the ass, they would be begging me to send the parts back. I wouldn't send them back with out receiving the money, and a return invoice first. Companies always expect you to return something, than they pay you. Did they send the item and than you paid them? Hell NO! That's why I always pay with Pay-Pal you can file a grievance and most of the time get your money back if it is truly misrepresented. Like yours is.

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
I like how at the top it states 73-91, and on the sticker it states 73-80. I would tell Carid to refund my money...it is not plug and play like stated. Than call the BBB and report it. Don't just let these companies take your money. Don't take it to a shop, just to spend more of your money. I would be such a pain in the ass, they would be begging me to send the parts back. I wouldn't send them back with out receiving the money, and a return invoice first. Companies always expect you to return something, than they pay you. Did they send the item and than you paid them? Hell NO! That's why I always pay with Pay-Pal you can file a grievance and most of the time get your money back if it is truly misrepresented. Like yours is.

Mr. Clean - I sent back the lights and just received notice via email that they have refunded my money. So all is good.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I bought those same lights direct from the manufacturer(United Pacific). While I haven't installed them yet, I know a few people that have and they look great which is why I chose them. They do require you to hardwire them which is fairly simple, but yes they should have included instructions.

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
I bought those same lights direct from the manufacturer(United Pacific). While I haven't installed them yet, I know a few people that have and they look great which is why I chose them. They do require you to hardwire them which is fairly simple, but yes they should have included instructions.

I was given some very good information from either a forum member here or another forum. DO NOT cut your existing wiring. Buy these so you have a way to disconnect if necessary. I used these and everything is working great!!! When you order you get 2 (not 5 like it shows)- exactly what is needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WTZMNZL/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84