In-line fuel pressure gauge w/SS lines...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
In-line fuel pressure gauge install:

I could've put it on the fuel rail but it was an after thought so I did it in-line up near the fuel rail connection.

This install is with Fargolo -6AN SS PTFE lines, but is the same premise for all SS lines.

You must be registered for see images attach

Since I had to splice into the SS lines I wrapped a section with duct tape to prevent fraying during-after the cut. I used an small cutting wheel.

After the cut:

Here is a PTFE swivel hose-end fitting. Good thing about these is that they are re-usable.

Slide the hose end over the line, peel off the duct tape and slightly flare the SS:

Push the other end with the brass fitting into the line, connect the two and tighten using two open end wrenches. I had to fit it while connected, but a vise to hold the line for a more secure fit is recommended here:

Both ends ready for the adapter with 1/8NPT port for the liquid filled gauge:

Unfortunately Summit sent me a Fargolo adapter that someone apparently forgot to machine the threads on one end....this does me absolutly no good. Fortunately the person I spoke with at Summit was super cool and offered to Next Day a new one out. I voiced my concern that maybe there was a batch like this and the new one would be the same.... they upgraded me to the Aeroquip adapter. Will be in tomorrow for me to finish this up.

Anyway, here is what I will end up with:

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Nice, clean install.

I've got a fuel pressure gauge on my carb'd 454 (past and current) and have found this to be a powerful diagnosis tool. Everybody needs one!

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
Follow-up with the finnished project:

Adapter in: