Fuel line knock/hammer/noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chuckd84

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K20
Engine Size
Ive finished the stainless braid ptfe line install for my fitech supply and returns.
Now ive got a horrible knock noise and chatter going on. It sounds like a loose overhead in a diesel engine and a spun rod bearing (if thats any help).
I swear i can hear the injectors hitting there seats at idle making the low level chattering. It changes and speeds up with rpm until about 2k rpm and the engine/exhaust covers it up. The knock matches the hammer i feel in the fuel lines near the throttle body. I ran the lines over the fire wall and over the hvac box so i think thats why its sooo loud in the cab with the door shut. Ive got stable fuel pressure so im stumped on this one. Any ideas?

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Loose line(s) hitting something?

Chuckd84

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K20
Engine Size
Loose line(s) hitting something?
I wish. I checked it all front to back. Its like its amplified through the dash. I plan to take all of the clamps off tomorrow and keep them off the cab and see if that helps. I cant find online where anyone has had this issue before

Termite_Delight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
1976 1975
Truck Model
K2500 K2500
Engine Size
350 L33
Sounds like you might have air in the lines, air gets trapped at the high spots. You said you ran the line over the hvac?

Chuckd84

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K20
Engine Size
Sounds like you might have air in the lines, air gets trapped at the high spots. You said you ran the line over the hvac?
Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, they are on the firewall and run with the cab harness over the hvac box and travel past the blower and into the inner fender to the chassis to avoid heat
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag