Im Jacob and I have transmission problems..

What do you think the problem is?

• stuck check valve

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • converter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No mo' 3rd

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I have noticed the more i drive it the stalling issue has slowly subsided, but the problem with 3rd is still intermittent. Is there anyway to diagnose the seal getting stuck to the drum?
Try that Lucas conditioner. I have a feeling it'll soften some seals and may correct your problem. What does the fluid look like right now? I would suggest NOT changing it just yet. That could make it worse and kill it for good. A neglected transmission needs to stay a neglected transmission in most cases. If it looks good and clean now, then I'd say there is a good chance in reviving it. Could even be a sticky valve that might just free itself and the Lucas should help with that too.

78Scottsdale

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale C10
Engine Size
Sbc 350
Try that Lucas conditioner. I have a feeling it'll soften some seals and may correct your problem. What does the fluid look like right now? I would suggest NOT changing it just yet. That could make it worse and kill it for good. A neglected transmission needs to stay a neglected transmission in most cases. If it looks good and clean now, then I'd say there is a good chance in reviving it. Could even be a sticky valve that might just free itself and the Lucas should help with that too.
The fluid looks fairly clean, no particles. I have all the stuff for a fluid change but ill hold off on that until i try the lucas fluid and give that a while to work its magic. if it doesn't end up correcting the problem im going to get a filter kit, i need to drop the pan anyway because i have a gasket leak, and ill do a fluid change at that point in time.

78Scottsdale

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale C10
Engine Size
Sbc 350
Another update- replaced the vacuum modulator, and added Lucas stop slip, still lose 3rd at around 50-60mph, starting to look like i dont have a 3rd gear not sure what else it could be other than that

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128