i want these axles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Finally I found the pic. This is my CUCV 14b FF w 4.56 and DT Locker that had been converted to Disk brakes. I bought it for $150. The other one with springs and drum brakes, was a FREEBIE for hauling it off. Its an open diff 4.10 rear end.

attachment.php

You sir are a DICK lol

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Finally I found the pic. This is my CUCV 14b FF w 4.56 and DT Locker that had been converted to Disk brakes. I bought it for $150. The other one with springs and drum brakes, was a FREEBIE for hauling it off. Its an open diff 4.10 rear end.

attachment.php

Show off. :flipthebird:

:roflbow:

:grd:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You sir are a DICK lol

:flipthebird: The $150 deal gets better. That is the guy when I went to buy the CUCV axle, he told me about the 88 Burb I bought for $50 then sold for $600.

I've thought about going back to drums on the CUCV rear end, put it in my 84C20, shift kit in the Th400, a Cam, intake and headers on the 454 and fugg up some ricers in my old ass ugly square. :High 5:

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
:flipthebird: The $150 deal gets better. That is the guy when I went to buy the CUCV axle, he told me about the 88 Burb I bought for $50 then sold for $600.

I've thought about going back to drums on the CUCV rear end, put it in my 84C20, shift kit in the Th400, a Cam, intake and headers on the 454 and fugg up some ricers in my old ass ugly square. :High 5:

Sometime I would like to see some better pictures of the disk brake brackets with out the calipers, and possably try to make a pattern of them. I would really like to run disc brakes on the K30

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Show off. :flipthebird:

:roflbow:

:grd:

Bunch of jealous fuggers !!! :flipthebird:

Yeah the brackets are the part to get, well the rotors too cuz the caliper I do believe is fairly common. i've head you could even use Caddy rear disk calipers and have E brake. I prefer to have an E brake, so I'm sure I'd eventually change these calipers if I used them.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Bunch of jealous fuggers !!! :flipthebird:

Yeah the brackets are the part to get, well the rotors too cuz the caliper I do believe is fairly common. i've head you could even use Caddy rear disk calipers and have E brake. I prefer to have an E brake, so I'm sure I'd eventually change these calipers if I used them.

yep caddy eldorado i think its 78 and 79 had e brake rear calipers those are what I would want too, i do use my e brake.

So how about some close ups, Measurements, and maybe a pattern? Hell I would even be willing to make them for others that wanted them.

78shortandwide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

attachment.php

You know kc isn't that far from me, I could come over and haul that junk off for you. Lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm actually hoping to find an 8 lug 4.10 or 4.56 front axle. Whichever one I find will decide which rear end goes into the K10. Then the one left over will go into one of the 2wd 3/4 ton trucks. My 85C20 has the semi float 14b with 4.10 and I want to change it to one of these Full Floats. So no thanks. Don't need either one hauled off.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
HRPC is probably lying, he more than likely screwed some grandma to get those axles :lol:

The Eldorado calipers (76-78) I hear are not all they're cracked up to be, they ratchet as your pads wear so your e-brake dont get too slack, usually malfunction from brake dust build-up, either under tighten to where you dont have an e-brake or overtighten to where you have a wheel locking up too soon. I also read, dont take one apart lol you'll end up having to replace it! I'd rather just use a line lock and be done with it.

For the rear disk setup you can use calipers/rotors off a Corporate 10-bolt 3/4 ton front. The brackets are really simple but they either need to be spaced out from the axle at the tube, or have a precise bend in the bracket to space it to where it needs to be. It's easier to just buy the brackets off polyperformance or ORD.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
The Eldorado calipers (76-78) I hear are not all they're cracked up to be, they ratchet as your pads wear so your e-brake dont get too slack, usually malfunction from brake dust build-up, either under tighten to where you dont have an e-brake or overtighten to where you have a wheel locking up too soon. I also read, dont take one apart lol you'll end up having to replace it! I'd rather just use a line lock and be done with it.

GM finally did away with that ****, what, 10 years ago? Went back to the design that dates back to 1965 with the e-brake basically being a mini drum brake in the hub of the rotor.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
HRPC is probably lying, he more than likely screwed some grandma to get those axles :lol:

For the rear disk setup you can use calipers/rotors off a Corporate 10-bolt 3/4 ton front. The brackets are really simple but they either need to be spaced out from the axle at the tube, or have a precise bend in the bracket to space it to where it needs to be. It's easier to just buy the brackets off polyperformance or ORD.

hahaha, I would have screwed some grandma to get those axles. But NO,I got them like I said I did Timing was everything. I got lucky, but was quick on the draw too. I knew they'd go instantly.

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
Sometime I would like to see some better pictures of the disk brake brackets with out the calipers, and possably try to make a pattern of them. I would really like to run disc brakes on the K30

do yourself a favor and just buy them. i bought a set with the same intentions... making 2 sets for my other two 14FF trucks. its actually cheaper to buy them then to have someone reverse engineer them. that is unless you have access to a burn table and a very heavy brake press.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
504SquareBody