I have a feeling this is going to get expensive.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
So far I have changed tires and had them road force balanced with weight hammered onto the rims, not the little stickers ($1100). Went through two sets of tires, so thinking they are good but the rims are suspect. Then changed all steering tie rods and ball joints ($1200). Just finished adding pinion shims to the rear, now TC and rear end is within specs, also changed out the U joints on the rear drive shaft ($150). Still have a little vibration. Next step is aluminum milled rims and putting my tires on them ($1400), then getting the driveshaft balanced and probably lengthend an 1" or so ($350). I'll get my money back when I sell it right, it's an investment!

Attachments

• Haulin ass.jpg
    Haulin ass.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 81

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
A mystery vibration?

Has anything you have done so far made any difference?

Two other things to check just to eliminate potential causes would be shocks? Hub centric VS Lug Centric wheels with correct lug nuts? Pretty sure a tire/wheel shop would have noticed Lug centric wheels with the wrong lug nuts, but it sucks when something so small is over looked until after spending a bunch of money.

Last edited:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
So far I have changed tires and had them road force balanced with weight hammered onto the rims, not the little stickers ($1100). Went through two sets of tires, so thinking they are good but the rims are suspect. Then changed all steering tie rods and ball joints ($1200). Just finished adding pinion shims to the rear, now TC and rear end is within specs, also changed out the U joints on the rear drive shaft ($150). Still have a little vibration. Next step is aluminum milled rims and putting my tires on them ($1400), then getting the driveshaft balanced and probably lengthend an 1" or so ($350). I'll get my money back when I sell it right, it's an investment!
sorry but I can't imagine spending that much money for anything you've listed.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Try flipping the driveshaft 180 degrees in the rear yoke. You could also try reclocking the converter on the flywheel.

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Is it a cyclical vibration or constant?

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
It starts around 35 mph up to about 55.

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
A mystery vibration?

Has anything you have done so far made any difference?

Two other things to check just to eliminate potential causes would be shocks? Hub centric VS Lug Centric wheels with correct lug nuts? Pretty sure a tire/wheel shop would have noticed Lug centric wheels with the wrong lug nuts, but it sucks when something so small is over looked until after spending a bunch of money.
The 4 degree pinion shims corrected the drive line angle and torqued down right. Also traction bars added for anti axle wrap fixed it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey