Howdy from Nebraska

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gabbs

Reaction score
First Name
Gabrielle
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
^ I'll get a pic for you tonight.

So the truck overheated last week on my way home from class. I replaced the fan belt, got a new thermostat (there wasn't one in there), and found a hole in the lower radiator hose. I'm changing that out tonight. There's a 78 in a scrap yard that I want to go look at tomorrow. I need to find 16" wheels and a new hood.

Gabbs

Reaction score
First Name
Gabrielle
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Oh and I got the brakes done. Master Cylinder was the problem.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
:welcome:

Cool truck and nice big garage! I'm jealous lol

Dan Miller

K15SG
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Welcome from the Midwest. Nice starter project. Google 16.5 truck tire ,, they are out there ,but pricey as all new tires are

Gabbs

Reaction score
First Name
Gabrielle
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Got the new hose on, was bleeding it and found that its leaking from the transmission cooler lines. I found a video on Youtube and think I can just replace the O rings? Is this correct? Or should I just replace the lines? I'm probably just going to do the radiator and the overflow tank as well.

Somebody in my apartment complex broke the front wing window on the drivers side....so that's great. Im probably going to throw a piece of pexiglass in it for now. How are the windows from LMC truck?

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Somebody in my apartment complex broke the front wing window on the drivers side....so that's great. Im probably going to throw a piece of pexiglass in it for now. How are the windows from LMC truck?

I local glass company should be able to replace this for you. You just need to know if the glass is clear or shaded.

Gabbs

Reaction score
First Name
Gabrielle
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
So the leak isn't the transmission cooler lines. Water pump? Going to do a compression test first just to rule out worse case scenario. If so, the whole cooling system is being replaced while im at it. Head gasket wouldn't be a bad winter project though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL