How to send power to window switch for testing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Now if I can just come up with a way to get "Auto" embossed onto the switch. That might involve a 3D printer.
You must be registered for see images attach

if these could somehow be swapped(I think they are dimensionally similar, the switches were used for years) you could just swap from a high end car from before the mid-late 90s when they went different

wlwarnke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size

Breaker 11 in in the fuse block, on my 83, the pink wire comes out from the front of the block, then splits to go to the doors. This junction could cause the voltage to drop at only one door. If voltage is dropping at both doors, before the breaker, is the ignition switch on the column. That switch is also 40 years and has been trying to pass high current for the motors for as long.

The main issue I’ve seen, is the passenger door gets its ground from the drivers door. So, when moving the passenger window, the ground has to pass through 2 switches before it gets to the motor. With that, a faulty drivers switch could also cause the passenger window to be slow.

wlwarnke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size

I made my own relay setup. For the passenger door, you will need to run a new ground. I kept the original 12vdc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey