How much could it sell for

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbc

Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
me and a buddys gonna build this stepside. its rough now but were gonna paint it white, lower it (flip leafs and cut springs) and thats bout it, after all that how much yall think we can get rid of it for????

Attachments

• boom.jpg
    boom.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 102

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
couple thousand. doing paint and a hack lower doesn't add much value. Any lower or lift kit doesn't really add anything, only if the buyer is looking for it to be that way then they could see giving more.

I say hack job due to cut springs. A much better drop would be springs and/or spindles.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
If you just want to make a few bucks on it, do some general repairs to make it run/drive top notch and then sell it. Anything you do to upgrade it may not be an upgrade in other peoples eyes.

Myself personally, I would probably buy it anyway if it was lowered in a way I don't care for. I would be hesitant to buy if there's new paint on it, it would have to be a really good deal. As a buyer, you have to assume that the paint prep and bodywork is sub-par.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
agreed new paint is almost always a big red flag for bondo hiding. Even when you get pics of how it was before during and after it's still a toss up.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Need more info on interior and drive train. Don't waste your money on dropping it if your going to sell it because you will diminish the pool of potential buyers.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Squarebodies are not investments brah. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's true. If you want out of it, as said above, just tweek tune it a bit so it runs good and sell as is. Putting $1000 in parts to do updates, might net you an additional $300-$500 for the truck, so your out $500-$700 in cash not to mention your labor. It's certainly a good project truck, but you'd only restore it for your own self satisfaction and nothing else, but not an investment that will have a return, because it will be a big loss and disappointment, not a return at all.

Usually when we talk about, "Flip this Truck", it's cuz we rolled it and it then goes to the junkyard. :rofl:

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Like Swims said, couple thousand, but you need to devalue it by the amount of the suspension mods. If you hack the ride for $500, it's now worth $1500.

That's why I kept all the original components for my truck, it's going back to stock before it sells.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obullard74